Halo Community Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Spase

commcarn.jpg

Anyone interested in playing on behalf of the 405th in the Halo Waypoint Community Tournament or in custom games with 343 post up here saying so...

Meeting and games to set rosters are tentatively scheduled for Friday May 20, starting at 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST, and make up meeting time Sunday May 22 starting at 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST, Plan to attend one or both of these meetings if you would like to play as part of the 405th community team.

Please respond to this Post providing your current and valid XBL Gamer Tag.

Quoted from Halo Waypoint Forum

Halo Community Tournament banner

From crash-landing on a ringworld to three-shotting your friends in the face, "Halo: Combat Evolved" scorched a decade-long impression on millions of gamers.

Above the accolades and the media attention, "Halo" spawned a rabid fan base, whose members have forged lifelong friendships around a united passion.

In celebration of 10 years of memories, ncsuDuncan and I are hosting a Halo Community Tournament. Rarely do the separate fan sites come together for one night of entertainment.

Tournament:
On May 28, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST, teams from each community will fight for glory, pride and prizes.

Teams of six will compete in "Halo: Reach" using the Bungie Humpday rules: best of three, only members of your community can play for your teams and matchmaking game types only (excluding MLG, Team Classic, Grifball and Action Sack variants). A coin flip will determine which team gets first choice. The losers of each match will choose the next game.

Each site should choose one member to be its community leader. Leaders will be responsible for organizing his/her members. If it would be easier to have several leaders, that’s fine.

The leaders do not have to play if they don't want to. We just need all of the help we can get.

Each site can have one to three teams of six players each (so 6-18 players total). This will help accommodate communities with large memberships. Players can be in multiple teams for their community but can only win one tournament prize.

In order for your community to participate, one leader from each site must email me (hitmonchan@bungie.org) by Friday, May 20, with the site’s name and intent to play. That way, Duncan and I can organize the bracket in advance.

Custom Games:
We realize not everyone can participate in the tournament, so we’ve asked members of 343 Industries if they could host custom games during the tournament. We figured this would be a great way for those on the outside to have fun and join in the festivities.

Those who are in the tournament cannot play in the custom games until they are out of the tournament and everyone on the customs list has had a chance. Playing in both the tournament and customs does not increase your chance of winning the drawing.

We’ll update you with more information on this as we get closer to the event.

Prizes:
(All prizes have been graciously donated by 343 Industries, unless otherwise noted.)

At the end of the tournament, one community will be declared the winner. All tournament players from that community (up to 18) will receive the entire Tournament Prize Package.

Tournament Prize Package (18 Packages available, one package per player.)
- 1 random XBLA title (Either "Full House Poker" or "Dishwasher: Vampire Smile")
- Green Spartan Avatar Armor
- Halo Flood Pet Avatar Prop

Everyone who plays during this event (tournament winners, tournament losers, and customs participants) will be entered into a random drawing. All players are put into the same pool and have an equal chance of winning.

Drawing Prizes (12 winners total. One item selected from this list per winner.)
- "Halo 3" Games on Demand (2)
- "Halo Wars" Games on Demand (2)
- "Halo: Reach" Games on Demand (2)
- $10 Xbox DLC from Gamestop store (6) (Provided by ncsuDuncan)

Rosters:
Final rosters should be emailed to me by May 25. Two lists should be turned in: a tournament roster (6-18 players) and a custom games roster (any number of players). Please include each member’s site username and XBL Gamertag. Note that the individual team composition can be adjusted during the tournament (as personal schedules can be unpredictable) but everyone that plays must be on the original tournament roster.

Note: Just having your name on the roster is not enough to win you a tournament or drawing prize. You must also participate in at least one game (tournament or custom) to be eligible.

The short-and-sweet version:

- Designate one or two leaders from each community.
- Leaders: Email me by Friday saying your community would like to play.
- Leaders: Email the final rosters by May 25 with a full list of players. Rosters should include teams, members and each member’s username and Gamertag.
- Everyone else: Game time starts at 7 p.m. EST. If you’re playing in the tournament, be prepared to play for four hours. If that’s a time commitment you are unable to make, let another person take your spot. And again, more information on the custom games will be available as we get closer to the event.

Bracket information will be available before the start of the tournament.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to email me.

Remember: play for pride, not for prizes. But most of all, have fun!

Tournament Bracket:
http://challonge.com/images/brackets/HaloCommunity.png

Members who have signed up (19 total so far):
Member: Walter "Spase"; XBL: Spase
Member: Hyokenseisou; XBL: Hyokenseisou
Member: Ruze789; XBL: Ruze789
Member: Arioch; XBL: WhiteHellMonkey
Member: Galvatron; XBL: Galvatron beta
Member: *Tayl0r*; XBL: ODSTay10r
Member: sik1276; XBL: CrunchbiteNuva
Member: M-071; XBL: SuperiorGeneral, The One Scar (son)
Member: seaninja; XBL: xXSeaninja951Xx
Member: MikyVengeance; XBL: MikyVengeance
Member: AutisticBeaver; XBL: Lg x Horus
Member: Road Kill; XBL: WakeJunkie
Member: got armour; XBL: Popcorn1332
Member: workbook51; XBL: Da3BDR
Member: Omega Ravager; XBL: Omega Ravager
Member: RoxyRoo; XBL: Runt326
Member: HaloGoddess; XBL: XGC Sun Goddess
Member: Pipinacan; XBL: Pipster2

(MADE FRIDAY MEETING)
Member: mitch35542; XBL: mitch35542
Member: ROK GMoney; XBL: ROK GMoney
Member: M-071; XBL: SuperiorGeneral - The One Scar

(MADE SUNDAY MEETING)
Member: mitch35542; XBL: mitch35542
Member: ROK GMoney; XBL: ROK GMoney
Member: M-071; XBL: SuperiorGeneral - The One Scar
Member: HaloGoddess; XBL: Sun Goddess
Member: sik1276: XBL: CrunchbiteNuva
Member: MikyVengeance; XBL: MikyVengeance

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in, I'll commandeer my brother in law's xbox for this since mine's got the rrod.
XBL GT: Ruze789

My son and I would love to join!!!!
Our Games Tags -

SuperiorGeneral
The One Scar

I'm totally up for the tournaments and custom games! I welcome any 405th gamers :p add me up at MikyVengeance

@Ruse... My Bad I didn't make that clear... I suppose depending on how many actual teams we have there should be more than one leader, would make my life easier... we'll see what kind of turn out we have for team assignments.

I already contacted Josh Isom from Waypoint about it.... we're in, so don't disappoint me folks... Back in the three shot days I was none to spike a controller or two from bad team work... <--- H1 Rage problem...

BTW my GamerTag = Spase

@Ruse... My Bad I didn't make that clear... I suppose depending on how many actual teams we have there should be more than one leader, would make my life easier... we'll see what kind of turn out we have for team assignments.

I already contacted Josh Isom from Waypoint about it.... we're in, so don't disappoint me folks... Back in the three shot days I was none to spike a controller or two from bad team work... <--- H1 Rage problem...

BTW my GamerTag = Spase

Agreed. Teamwork will be VITAL. Hopefully everyone has a headset and is able to work together. Just like Carter said "Glad to have your skillset, but we're a team. That lone wolf stuff stays behind, clear?"

BTW, just to get this correct, we're versing 343 industries correct?

From what I understand so far, Its a bracket tournament. So every community registered will be placed in a pool and a bracket will be formed that will determine who we play. The Waypoint Forum will have a team, and I am sure a few 343/Waypoint folks will be playing for them.

Anyone up for some games tonight I'll be on around 9:30 CST after I get done in my shop.

Hi Aroich's kid i wanted to finally made my account i have helped my father make armor and other halo things...i wanted to play in this tournament with my dad my gamertag is Lg x Horus thanks for reading. :)

From what I understand so far, Its a bracket tournament. So every community registered will be placed in a pool and a bracket will be formed that will determine who we play. The Waypoint Forum will have a team, and I am sure a few 343/Waypoint folks will be playing for them.

Anyone up for some games tonight I'll be on around 9:30 CST after I get done in my shop.
I might be on later tonight. Depends when I get home from walmart (I need shoe laces! D:)

Spase, if you want another Site Leader to be a Game leader I can help out.
I should get the new xbox tomorrow, need to try and open the NAT settings on my router, it's closed/strict now and don't want to cause issues with our games.

I can play for sure on Fri night, and maybe later on Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back