1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Halo costume help!

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Cletus, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Cletus

Cletus New Member

Hi, my name is Autumn, i seriously need help with trying to make a spartan Halo suit from Red vs Blue. I really would like to be Agent Tex but the thing is, I have no clue where to start.. I have watched so many YouTube videos and read things on here... but i can’t figure out how to get the templets so i can download them or print them off.. can anyone help me figure out what the heck I’m doing? Please and thank you

7BA8C892-8A70-44BC-BA0D-3AB5C1D97EA3.jpeg

2. crackhead09

crackhead09 RXO 405th Regiment Officer

it its the PDO files, you're gonna need a piece of software called pepakura. Its free to use, but you can't edit or save the files until you purchase the software.

3. Cletus

Cletus New Member

I don’t have anything, and if I’m being honest i guess I don’t know the difference between a PDF or a PDO
    Like i just wanna know where i can get the templates..

4. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

5. TillXValhalla

TillXValhalla New Member

So the screen shot your using is form Halo 3 on the foundry map. Where if i remember correctly Tex wrecks everyone their and hits griff in the groin several times in an epic fight. Tee first thing i would recommend is to download pepakura 3d like others have mentioned. you can get a free version online that doesnt let you save but you can still work on stuff and print it. And tex always wore the basic Mk6 Armour that the chief wears in the campaign. So you would go to the armory tab at the top and on the left click halo 3. Then UNSC then get the proper file for the Armour you want. Halo 3 - MJOLNIR Mark VI - Standard HD or this link will take you where you want to go. From their just scale up the pep file to your body size. Print out the part you want to start on with the edges labeled and the proper paper settings applied. Their are a bunch of tutorials for this on youtube or google or even here. Post pics ask questions often the more active you are the more answers and advice you will get.

6. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Start by making a bunch of things out of paper, don't worry about getting scaling down Just yet. The reason for that is so you know what to do and how to do it later on.

Once you've figured out how to assemble the parts, try messing around with the scaling. Make them BIG! make them small. THEN when you've got a basic handle on scaling, try to get the scale correct.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 405th.com is the right place to come, but it's a crock pot, not a microwave. It takes time. As a result of that time you spent, you get a quality, custom made costume or prop. Not a cheap imitation. Totally worth it. And this forum is amazing for inspiration, resources, friends, and building tips.

P.S., if you live in the area (Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, or Colorado) join the mountain regiment. We're pretty much the best since ever and are totally bomb.

... if you don't, then second best is ok, too! :p (jk, the other regiments are awesome, I never would seriously put them down.)