Halo Ds Coming Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know if you are looking for any help on this still the best place I can think of to go for video game coders and designers is www.facepunch.com I've been there for a while and most of what they do is pretty impressive.

CoRRupt3d said:
NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

We're no strangers to love

You know the rules and so do I

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down,

Never gonna run around and desert you,

Never gonna make you cry,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down,

Never gonna run around and desert you,

Never gonna make you cry,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

(Ooh give you up)

(Ooh give you up)

(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give

(give you up)

(Ooh) never gonna give, never gonna give

(give you up)

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand...

/rickroll

So what exactly was the point of that post, by the way? It reminded me of a Rick Roll so I helped you out a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
CoRRupt3d said:
ohhhh great i get rick rolled

EPIC LOLZ

well i did :p

i still have a TON of game assets(sprites, some of which you wont be able to find anymore :p) if you want i can upload them

also, if you need any help with this project i'd be interested in helping.

what are you coding in ??

You need to give credit. Give credit to InnerRayg and the whole NRE team. Just a friendly reminder, dont say you made those sprites, the pelican and the EVA were both made by Inner Rayg.

Zendric said:
You need to give credit. Give credit to InnerRayg and the whole NRE team. Just a friendly reminder, dont say you made those sprites, the pelican and the EVA were both made by Inner Rayg.

does this team have an email address so i can contact

I can contact InnerRayg and get his email, but for the time being you need to give credit and stop stealing content from other people.

One of them said on another forum they contacted you with an email. Just note, im not attacking you personally,or attacking you at all really, just from past experience there have been a lot sprite stealers thinking they can go to another Halo related forum and say the sprites are theirs, not realizing that other people might recognize them.

Usually they dont have a problem with people using sprites as long as they give credit and get permission.

An acknowledgment of the origins for all your graphics should be an automatic given. This should have been in the original post, and I don't mean just for my stuff, but Doberman's far superior work as well. Not to mention the graphics used for the game cover mockup. Just saying, you'd get bent out of shape too if you put a ton of work into something that was then treated by someone else as their own work. Please remember this in all future game work you do no matter what the license...

innerrayg said:
An acknowledgment of the origins for all your graphics should be an automatic given. This should have been in the original post, and I don't mean just for my stuff, but Doberman's far superior work as well. Not to mention the graphics used for the game cover mockup. Just saying, you'd get bent out of shape too if you put a ton of work into something that was then treated by someone else as their own work. Please remember this in all future game work you do no matter what the license...

I accept what you say and you (innerrayg) will be credited but i doubt youre the real innerrayg...

CoRRupt3d said:
I accept what you say and you (innerrayg) will be credited but i doubt youre the real innerrayg...

That is indeed "the real" InnerRayg, I gave him a link to this very thread ;)

Ha he joined 2 years ago yesterday! and dude get something done sprite wise please I am trying to help you but your not giving me much to work with here.

CoRRupt3d said:
Im making a platform game for NDS called Halo: the beginning and here is the first screen

EDIT: If anyone is good with coding or DS game maker help...plz

Cover

[attachment=13678:Halo DS.jpg]

First screen (inteface copied from revolution)

[attachment=13679:scorpiontankcj6.png]

Dear CoRRupt3d,

You are violating the usage rights of these sprites which were in fact created by Innerayg and Appo117 over at "Triblox.org" (Creators of Halo:OWAW). Appo and Ray both created these sprites from scratch and without proper credit you do not have the right to use them.Please contact Triblox.org, for right now YOU DO NOT have permission to use these sprites in any such creation.

And for all you guys this is not real dont get your hopes up,just some kid stealing sprites and pre-rendering somthing thats not going to happen. Plus he doesnt even have a DSUDK license which you need to get from nintendo in order to create games.

Tmrocks1995 said:
Dear CoRRupt3d,

You are violating the usage rights of these sprites which were in fact created by Innerayg and Appo117 over at "Triblox.org" (Creators of Halo:OWAW). Appo and Ray both created these sprites from scratch and without proper credit you do not have the right to use them.Please contact Triblox.org, for right now YOU DO NOT have permission to use these sprites in any such creation.

And for all you guys this is not real dont get your hopes up,just some kid stealing sprites and pre-rendering somthing thats not going to happen. Plus he doesnt even have a DSUDK license which you need to get from nintendo in order to create games.

SWEET GAGEEBBAZ ITS THE COPS! Seriously dude its not like hes saying all the stuff belongs to him you need to lay off and any one can make DS games its called downloading a program its that simple.

Cayoke said:
SWEET GAGEEBBAZ ITS THE COPS! Seriously dude its not like hes saying all the stuff belongs to him you need to lay off and any one can make DS games its called downloading a program its that simple.

If I mass produce Halo armor and sell it commercially at retailers, I'm not saying I own it, I'm just making the armor and selling it. Guess what? It's not only wrong, but it's illegal. So no, he shouldn't lay off. I know people who would do far more aggressive things in response to this, he should consider himself a very lucky person knowing the people that the internet tends to house.

And again, extremely high chance that he doesn't even have experience with the DS development software, even if he acquired it (which would have to have been illegally acquired, Nintendo doesn't hand out their software to freelance developers of any kind).

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
If I mass produce Halo armor and sell it commercially at retailers, I'm not saying I own it, I'm just making the armor and selling it. Guess what? It's not only wrong, but it's illegal. So no, he shouldn't lay off. I know people who would do far more aggressive things in response to this, he should consider himself a very lucky person knowing the people that the internet tends to house.

And again, extremely high chance that he doesn't even have experience with the DS development software, even if he acquired it (which would have to have been illegally acquired, Nintendo doesn't hand out their software to freelance developers of any kind).

MY POINT EXACTLY, i just hate when people take other peoples stuff and claim it as their own work!AND then want to go saying that there going to make the next best DS hit with sprites that they falsely claimed as their own!

Your lucky buddy that innerayg is a nice guy and wont beat you up with his manly internet popularity muscles and skills :p

Cayoke said:

LOL it's really not that simple. In order to mass produce the game you do indeed have to get rights to the IP, you must have get the rights from nintendo to make a DS game, purchase a Nintendo DS devkit from Nintendo, learn the API used for the hardware and all the quirks that come along with the hardware.

You can download a hacked SDK but all that's going to get you is the basic framework for a homebrew app that has to be launched from one of those r4 flash cards or through an emulator. Building a game of any form is not as simple as download a program, unless you're scripting something out with one of those game maker applications.

*sorry if that sounded a little harsh, just get annoyed as a programmer when people think making a game is as easy as downloading something and pushing a few buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back