Halo Eva Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubis8500

This was my first helmet. It is made out of fiberglass resin. You can see threw the vizier grate.
[attachment=6479:IMG_0138.JPG]
[attachment=6480:IMG_0139.JPG]
[attachment=6481:IMG_0134.JPG]
[attachment=6482:IMG_0136.JPG]
[attachment=6483:IMG_0140.JPG]
"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm, well, I'm one of the few who's not such a big fan of your Hayabusa (shun the non-believer, I know.. I know). I feel the same about this EVA, since I'm posting about the EVA we will keep it constructive and on topic. Well I'm pretty sure we can assume you can't see through it. All kinds of bad seams and the curvature of the helmet is totally off, it was a nice job on the weathering but you really gotta start from a smooth surface in the first place for it to work.. and is the red area still paper just painted? With a bunch of bondo, alot of sanding, and a real visor you have yourself an EVA helmet... Great paintjob though. Bad kinda outweighed the good, I'm sorry. Practice makes perfect though.

Cheers,
Kensai

tho kensai really tore into you, i have to agree with him... one of my thoughts when i first saw your hayabusa was "needs alot more bondo, and sanding" but i thought it was your first, so it was a great first... but this one almost seems worse... it seems like you are just hammering threw these, not putting your heart into each peace... just so you can sell them on ebay... take more time man, work on each piece until you thinks its done. take a day off, and look at it again. and you will find more you could do to it...

on a positive note at least your are doing something, i havent touched my helmets for 2 days now... tho it is good to see members finishing products, we need to start stressing quality of product. thats the way the 501st does it, and it works for them.

As Kensai and Dread both pointed out - Slow down. It's not about selling on ebay. The busa needs work. The EVA really needs some love. Get busy with the bondo and sandpaper, figure out how to put a real visor in, and finish it off properly. Overall, they are nice pieces but could be so much more. If you are in this for the money then I think you'll end up disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back