Halo Evolutions' Story Pariah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halochief89

WARNING SPOILERS FOR THE 1ST STORY BY B. K. EVENSON

I just finished the story of Pariah, about the life of SPARTAN-066 Soren.

Just wow and a good punch in the face of most spartan stories where all spartans are good and can survive anything. Soren's life was never fair and even though Dr.Halsey tried to give Soren control over his life, he never really did. The fact since childhood everyone else controlled his life is sad. From his stepfather to Partch they always influenced him and whatever decisions he did have.

The story also gives you the description of what the failed augmentations feel like and how much pain spartans feel. With Soren just reading the description of his arms and legs mangled make you feel even more sad for the boy. Only 14 years old and he never gets to become a spartan even though hes stronger then most. Then with Partch he defies what most Halo canon fans thought was not possible a spartan that becomes an insurrectionist in some ways. So get ready for more fan fictions of Spartans going rogue.

But still this story was needed for halo fans who think all spartans come out of augmentation okay and the perfect soldier. More then half don't whether it be death or to be severely mangled so much you don't even look human. Which if theres a 40% chance of you coming out like a perfect spartan would you take Soren's decision of going under?

Also his childhood story real spoke out on how well he would become as a spartan if he did come out okay after the augmentation process. The planet Dwarka seemed to me like it's always like the pacific northwest of the US where its cold in the morning and it rains all the time.

Anyways such a great beginning story now to continue on...

BTW your guys' thoughts on Soren since it never really focused on his spartan friends (if he really had any) at all like they did with John in the Fall of Reach.

Its the 1st story from the Halo: Evolutions anthology tomb-stone.

I've just ordered my copy. From the (possibly leaked?) extract about Soren, I'm really looking forward to it. You can really get a sense that somethings not right with him after he starts sleeping under the bed rather then on it.

I wish I wrote it! Evenson did a great job but without Nylund's Fall of Reach none of this would be written.

hmm, im going to have to look for this book then, because ive read all the others so far :) and the idea of a story from the point of view of a spartan that was crippled due to the augmentation process is quit interesting in my opinion :) should be good :D

Soren seemed like he wanted to be alone, maybe he had sqauds, not friends. It was seriously a downer of a story, I have known that there were Spartans who died/Got crippled in the Augmentation process, but I was always glad they didn't talk about it in detail. Just very sad.

lol, i guess it might not be able to beat the scenes in the bridge of Keye's ship in the first book... those were amazing sequences..... hard to imagine what soren would do o_O ill have to read it and form my own opinion :)

havent read it yet picked it up just yesturday... looks interesting... the missis says it seems diffrent from the other novels but every spartan has a different story to tell. since none of their lives were ever the exact same.

I read this story the instant I got my hands on the book at Barnes & Noble! Awesome story, it really gets you thinking about what the other Spartans went through. I now understand Dr. Halsey's guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back