HALO EVOLUTIONS: Volume 2 RIPOFF!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upchuk

I just got the second volume of the Halo evolutions books and its a big fat ripoff. It has the same exact stories in it from the first one except 2, and thats pushing it, because one is a poem. I'm so mad right now. How can you say something is a volume 2 and it be almost exactly the same as volume 1? I wouldn't even call this a version 1.1. Unbelievable!

I just stay away from anything that contains both "Halo" and "Evolutions." Except the soundtrack. Which is pretty epic. But only because they ripped the music from the games. Anime sucks.

Well the first book was decent, i liked the stories, and they were by american authors who stayed pretty close to cannon. I'm just peeved that the publisher would do something like this. And the anime wasn't bad, very artistic, just not cannon. I like anime, but this didn't have anything to do with that load of garbage.

I just stay away from anything that contains both "Halo" and "Evolutions." Except the soundtrack. Which is pretty epic. But only because they ripped the music from the games. Anime sucks.

You're thinking of Halo Legends. Halo Evolutions is a collection of short stories by an array of different authors. I enjoyed the it.

To the OP, let me explain why it has all the same stories. When Halo Evolutions first came out, it was released in a large binding with all the stories. But all Halo books eventually get printed as small paperbacks. Halo Evolutions was broken into two volumes for this printing, with an extra story added to each volume.

First printing: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Evolutio...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303504805&sr=1-1

Second printing, vol. 1: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Evolutions-Essential-Tales-Universe/dp/0765354756/ref=pd_sim_b_2

Second printing, vol. 2: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Evolutions-Essential-Tales-Universe/dp/0765366959/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

And while we're on the subject of Halo novels, I just finished Halo Cryptum. Can anyone explain to me why that didn't generate a MUCH bigger buzz? It was probably better written than previous books, and reveals a lot about the (formerly mysterious) Forerunners. Yet the Halo community acts like it doesn't exist?

Yet the Halo community acts like it doesn't exist?

We all know it exsits, dude. We just couldn't get into it much since there was nothing we could really do with it when we compared them to the UNSC and the Covenant.

It's kinda like saying, "Why aren't people talking about the planets that got glassed?". We know they were glassed, but that's it. There wasn't any important events that happend there.

Thanks to these books, though we can learn more about the forwrunners and how they lived and ultimately gave their lives for the good of the entire Galaxy.

...it's probably because of the hefty pricetag ($25US wow) and they only have a hardcover, no paperbacks. But I still read it and wow yeah, some very shocking info in there.

...it's probably because of the hefty pricetag ($25US wow) and they only have a hardcover, no paperbacks. But I still read it and wow yeah, some very shocking info in there.

I use the library. I almost never buy books. That's how I read the latest releases by my favorite authors and that's how I read Halo Cryptum.

I agree that I, too, enjoy the gritty military angle of the previous novels better, but having read Cryptum, it's pretty obvous Greg Bear is a superior author. Great writing can redeem an inferior premise, and that's exactly what we have in Halo Cryptum.

yeah. glad i found a pdf version of cryptum.
liked the concept of humans being precursors better, cant stand them bieng insects.

I'm done reading the books and whatnot, they're straying too far. I'm pretty much done buying new Halo media all together, in my eyes, it's done.

yeah. glad i found a pdf version of cryptum.
liked the concept of humans being precursors better, cant stand them bieng insects.

Wait, what?
Internal Cannon conflict...
Game vs. book. ..
Game wins.
( I've not read the book, but that sounds stupid)

Depending on how the CE remake goes will decide if I'm done with halo games and that kind of whatnot.

Wait, what?
Internal Cannon conflict...
Game vs. book. ..
Game wins.
( I've not read the book, but that sounds stupid)

Depending on how the CE remake goes will decide if I'm done with halo games and that kind of whatnot.

You have to read Cryptum to see how it fits; it doesn't override the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back