Halo for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedRhyme713

Jr Member
Hey everyone

I don't know if anyone could help me out does anyone know if Halo or Halo 2 are still stable or working on windows 10
I have a charity stream coming up mid way through next month and was looking to play them

help is good

DatedRhyme713

I believe that they do - the servers may not be functioning, but the campaign should still be playable.

>.> I may or may not have a hacked version but I can honestly and actively say that the servers are active through my experiences with the crack. A different host picked them up after the original hosts jumped ship. It's what I was using to play pre-Xbone. Don't have windows 10 but it runs smoothly on windows 7.

Halo 2 (vista) has had it's servers been promised to be closed a couple of times now. But they kept prolonging it. I don't know if it's still the case. I do recall playing halo CE/1 on my laptop when I was younger, and still having servers in the browser. Who knows, it's worth the shot ;)

Halo 1 and 2 both run fine on windows 10, without any compatibility problems as far as I'm aware.

>.> I may or may not have a hacked version but I can honestly and actively say that the servers are active through my experiences with the crack. A different host picked them up after the original hosts jumped ship. It's what I was using to play pre-Xbone. Don't have windows 10 but it runs smoothly on windows 7.

Anyone know where i can get a copy of the games i don't mind paying I'm not promoting piracy neither am i promoting it but I want a copy so where can i get it ?

be fore warned . i bought H2 A afew days ago and its not likeing W7.. Wont install . on a clean installed OS.

I logged in and played H2 Vista back in October, and it was still functioning with sparse multiplayer and achievements. On Win 7 with SP2, don't think Win 10 has a good track record with functionality.

actually a bungie dev made us a new patch for halo ce that took the game away from gamespy servers and runs on a cloud service to generate serverlists. once you have halo pc installed you can install a seperate version of the game called halo custom edition which then can be patched to version 1.10. i believe that he also made a patch for pc as well, but custom edition has a larger playerbase multiplayer wise. google search for halo ce 1.10 patch and halo custom edition to find the installers for them. they should be hosted on halomaps.org. halo ce also has the advantage of having player created content, so a very large amount of custom maps are avaliable to play.

Another thing worth mentioning is along with custom edition (which was actually ported by gearbox software) there is a mod toolset called the halo editing kit. This allows us to compile new cache files for the game this allowing us to create new levels, weapons, characters, vehicles, effects, etc. You should be able to find lots of fresh and new content ranging from singleplayer maps to firefight to multiplayer maps and even a rather hacky but kinda working forge map.(not released and requires server scripts) if you want to get an example of the atuff the community comes up with id suggest looking up halo ce3 on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back