Status
Not open for further replies.

ODCA

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Stream Team
I've been aboard halo infinite's hype train since day one, oddly enough, still haven't built anything, it's about time to change that!
I've decided to build the battle rifle, based on the 2 images that have been revealed so far:
73991_4_halo-infinite-new-weapons-guns-guide-grappling-hook-dmr-ar-more_full.png
halo_monster_5_3.jpg

Now, first things first, was making some templates, I and a friend of mine (LD industries on Facebook) collaborated on making the templates, which are free to download, you can get them On this link
118877778_352523772800897_8320630461564081764_o.jpg

After that, I edited the templates on Inkscape for laser cutting on foam of 3, 6, and 9mm thickness
I'll upload them once I cut them, to make sure the foam layers and thicknesses are correct
Screenshot (185).png

I still need to send everything to the laser cutter, in the meantime, I started to think about how I would so some of the other details, like the scope and barrel
I could build them on PVC and foam, but, I decided to try my hand at 3d modeling on fusion 360 (time to remember the incomplete lessons I got at university!)

I based the models on the templates and the one screenshot of infinite's BR
took me a couple of hours to figure out the software completely, and get a result I was happy with (plus, watching a BUNCH of tutorials on youtube)
Now... this is probably (definitely) not accurate, by any extent, but, it works for me as my first 3d modeled pieces

I made the barrel and scope with using a 1/2 inch (i think, I'll need to check the size when I'm back home) CPVC pipe for the rest of the barrel, and to connect the pieces of the scope
I divided the scope into 4 pieces, for ease of printing (hopefully)
3 pieces for the scope, and one for the base

and a barrel tip
Screenshot br 1.png
Screenshot br 2.png

and while I was at it, I remembered there was an ammo counter as well I still had not thought about how I was gonna make it
I decided to 3d model it as well (turns out, 3d modeling is kinda fun)
and since this was a couple of millimeters thick, I thought it would be best to print it, instead of layering plastic or acrylic
I drew some templates on Inkscape and 3D modeled this:
Screenshot br 3.png

also, for here's the basic template I used for the ammo counter
I scaled it more or less to what I think the foam rifle's thickness is gonna end up being
halo infinite battle rifle ammo counter.png

and that's all for now, I'll try to post as many updates as possible, and try to remember to actually document the process

Attachments

• BR 3d models.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 527
Last edited:
I've been aboard halo infinite's hype train since day one, oddly enough, still haven't built anything, it's about time to change that!
I've decided to build the battle rifle, based on the 2 images that have been revealed so far:
View attachment 296188View attachment 296189

Now, first things first, was making some templates, I and a friend of mine (LD industries on Facebook) collaborated on making the templates, which are free to download, you can get them On this link
View attachment 296195
After that, I edited the templates on Inkscape for laser cutting on foam of 3, 6, and 9mm thickness
I'll upload them once I cut them, to make sure the foam layers and thicknesses are correct
View attachment 296196

I still need to send everything to the laser cutter, in the meantime, I started to think about how I would so some of the other details, like the scope and barrel
I could build them on PVC and foam, but, I decided to try my hand at 3d modeling on fusion 360 (time to remember the incomplete lessons I got at university!)

I based the models on the templates and the one screenshot of infinite's BR
took me a couple of hours to figure out the software completely, and get a result I was happy with (plus, watching a BUNCH of tutorials on youtube)
Now... this is probably (definitely) not accurate, by any extent, but, it works for me as my first 3d modeled pieces

I made the barrel and scope with using a 1/2 inch (i think, I'll need to check the size when I'm back home) CPVC pipe for the rest of the barrel, and to connect the pieces of the scope
I divided the scope into 4 pieces, for ease of printing (hopefully)
3 pieces for the scope, and one for the base

and a barrel tip
View attachment 296190View attachment 296191

and while I was at it, I remembered there was an ammo counter as well I still had not thought about how I was gonna make it
I decided to 3d model it as well (turns out, 3d modeling is kinda fun)
and since this was a couple of millimeters thick, I thought it would be best to print it, instead of layering plastic or acrylic
I drew some templates on Inkscape and 3D modeled this:
View attachment 296192
also, for here's the basic template I used for the ammo counter
I scaled it more or less to what I think the foam rifle's thickness is gonna end up being
View attachment 296199

and that's all for now, I'll try to post as many updates as possible, and try to remember to actually document the process
Hell yeah dude. Awesome work on the BR! At this rate we're going to have the full collection of Infinite props built by the time the game releases :p

Are you thinking of painting this one in the Monster Energy green and black?

Ooooh I'm really looking forward to seeing how this laser cut rifle comes out!
Thanks! Hopefully i got the layering and thickness right!
i'm expecting to have them cut this week or the next

Hell yeah dude. Awesome work on the BR! At this rate we're going to have the full collection of Infinite props built by the time the game releases :p

Are you thinking of painting this one in the Monster Energy green and black?
Thanks dude!
We've still got a year (probably) to go, that's plenty of time to build them all!

Maybe we get some more reveals, or even a good look to the gen 3 armor sets

I'm thinking a more standard black/dark grey paintjob, unless some more skins get revealed and one really caughts my attention

By the by TurboCharizard , since you are far more experienced at 3d modeling
Any tips and/or feedback on the models i made? I might as well get a pro's oppinion

By the by TurboCharizard , since you are far more experienced at 3d modeling
Any tips and/or feedback on the models i made? I might as well get a pro's oppinion
I wouldn't call myself a pro by any stretch but there is one spot that I'd be slightly worried about on two of your parts.

Depending on if the optics are multiple parts or not it might change printing and cleanup ease. If the dials/screwcaps can be separate parts then it might make your life easier down the road. Also having a slip joint between the lens hoods so that you can slot in a lens and paint everything without having to worry about marring anything that needs to be shiny and clean.

The other possible problem area is the MISRIAH ARMORY manufacturer stamp since it looks like a very small and thin area that a slicer might freak out over and a printer may have issues with depending on nozzle installed or speed of operation.

Overall though, everything looks awesome.

Small update on the BR

i had a little bit of the filament that was included with the 3D printer left, so i did some tests for the ammo counter

I feel like the 100% scale ended up being too small, so i scaled it up to measure 60mm in lenght, the scale porcentage is 121.33%

IMG_20200920_134804.jpg

IMG_20200920_134604.jpg

Also, good news!
My printer pauses when it detects it ran out of filament and lets me replace it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back