halo infinite helmet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinesniper

Sr Member
Member DIN
S118
i am not in to the whole 3d printing thing, i like to work with my hands. but i was going to buy the helmet off the internet but it is only offered in a stl file. i am asking all of you here is there a way to make a stl file pepakura friendly? and if so how do you go about doing that. i have blender on my computer and i will await to here on this .

Export the .stl file as a .obj in blender and then open the .obj in pepakura. If I remember correctly, it should be that easy. You would however have to unfold it yourself
i just tryed that and it says it cant open that file. thank you for the help and your time

I don't use Pepakura but I have some 3D modelling experience. Maybe it has something to do with incorrect normals, or (I forget what they are called) faces that bend on multiple planes but are technically meant to be "flat"? Happy to elaborate if I'm unclear.

EDIT: The term I'm looking for is non-planar faces, when a face with more than 3 vertices does not sit on a single plane (of any orientation)

Last edited:
i am not in to the whole 3d printing thing, i like to work with my hands. but i was going to buy the helmet off the internet but it is only offered in a stl file. i am asking all of you here is there a way to make a stl file pepakura friendly? and if so how do you go about doing that. i have blender on my computer and i will await to here on this .

If you like, I could help. Just send me the .stl file you'd like converted and I will see what I can do to make it a pepakura a file. If I run into a problem I will let you know the issues.

The amount of post process work for 3D prints is nothing to scoff at. I have scars all over my hands from the post process portion of printing.
im sorry i did not mean to make it sound like it was stupid or anything i think the people that do the 3d printing have a talent all it own, im an older guy and not real tech savy i bought a 3d printer and im still trying to figure out how to use it. so i have to build the suits in pepakura thats what i meant in my post. i would love to do 3d printing maybe some day i will figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back