Halo Infinite Marine Soft Parts Research

CrimsonViper97

Member DIN
S097
You read the title, I'm starting a Halo Infinite Marine. Attending three cons in three weeks (Planet Comic Con, Adepticon, C2E2) has made me realize that I need a comfy cosplay.

I found these boots which look very similar to the ones in game, but will take some recolloring: Tactical Research by Belleville Khyber Lightweight Side

I'm still searching for a perfect match but these are pretty darn close.

Rock Lobbster found a camo pattern which is also pretty darn close called ATACS FG. From a first google search it seems like it might be kinda hard to find and expensive.

If anyone else is working on an Infinite marine I'd love to hear from you!

Attachments

• Marine.JPG
    Marine.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,146
Last edited:
You read the title, I'm starting a Halo Infinite Marine. Attending three cons in three weeks (Planet Comic Con, Adepticon, C2E2) has made me realize that I need a comfy cosplay.

I found these boots which look very similar to the ones in game, but will take some recolloring: Tactical Research by Belleville Khyber Lightweight Side

I'm still searching for a perfect match but these are pretty darn close.

Rock Lobbster found a camo pattern which is also pretty darn close called ATACS FG. From a first google search it seems like it might be kinda hard to find and expensive.

If anyone else is working on an Infinite marine I'd love to hear from you!
This is a great idea! I might also knock one out for my upcoming con later this year to use as a booth suit! The model you posted seems completely do able in 3 weeks especially if you make it out of foam!

i found these in stock and they were 30.00 for the set. here is the link to check them out A-TACS FG Camo BDU Field Uniform Set Shirt Pants hope it helps and i would like to see this all put together its going to be awesome.
Holy cow that's cheap! I'm still not totally sold on A-TACS FG. After googling camos for two hours I'm leaning more dying a set of tropical multicam BDU's. Color wise, the closest match I've found were a set of olive drab pants that were that evergreeny sort of color, but then you're sacrificing the subtle camo that's going on.

Not that it's the BEST reference, but they just did a woodland camo on the action figure:

Attachments

• 71RhYBxfMSL.jpg
    71RhYBxfMSL.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 71dBHgDn0fL.jpg
    71dBHgDn0fL.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 102
Not that it's the BEST reference, but they just did a woodland camo on the action figure:
a stickler for perfection i like it. and i think your right about dying some cams and going that way. was not sure you were one who would mind dying thing a lot of people dont mess with it, i think you get a more personal look the more effort put in to it. good luck i will be watching to see what you come up with..

There's also an ATACS FG-X camo that might be a closer match. Dying your own cams will probably be your best bet haha
A-TACS-FG-X-Web-Labeled.jpg

Following this with interest. I'd love to make a Infinite Marine. It would be another comfy and easy costume to go along with Traxus.

Here's a tile of the camo pattern I got from Vat over on the Halo Archive Discord. Looks like it could be made by dyeing Multicam or Marpat?

Attachments

• Marine_Camo_Pattern_1.png
    Marine_Camo_Pattern_1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
I decided to go with multicam as a starting point. I had an old BDU from my airsoft days that was quite faded and I thought what the heck, let's go for it. After a prewash, I gave them a 60min bath in Rit Emerald all purpose dye and a 30min bath in Rit Dye Fixative.
PXL_20230411_021346519.jpgPXL_20230411_021342734.jpgPXL_20230411_023143529.jpgPXL_20230411_023135592.jpgPXL_20230411_025859932.jpgPXL_20230411_034403512.jpgPXL_20230411_120720961.jpgPXL_20230411_120531151.jpg

I couldn't be happier with the result! Throughout the process I added boiling water to the plastic tubs to keep the temperature high (they say hotter water produces deeper colors). The next step is to add the webbing to the sleeves, and possibly modify the collar a little bit.

View attachment 330265View attachment 330266View attachment 330267View attachment 330268View attachment 330270View attachment 330269View attachment 330271View attachment 330272
Throughout the process I added boiling water to the plastic tubs to keep the temperature high (they say hotter water produces deeper colors). The next step is to add the webbing to the sleeves, and possibly modify the collar a little bit.
THE FORBIDDEN SOUP

That ended up turning out very well, and I think it will work nicely!

I decided to go with multicam as a starting point. I had an old BDU from my airsoft days that was quite faded and I thought what the heck, let's go for it. After a prewash, I gave them a 60min bath in Rit Emerald all purpose dye and a 30min bath in Rit Dye Fixative.
View attachment 330265View attachment 330266View attachment 330267View attachment 330268View attachment 330270View attachment 330269View attachment 330271View attachment 330272

I couldn't be happier with the result! Throughout the process I added boiling water to the plastic tubs to keep the temperature high (they say hotter water produces deeper colors). The next step is to add the webbing to the sleeves, and possibly modify the collar a little bit.
I'm glad to see that this worked so well, I'll probably need to do something similar for an upcoming project of my own!

After months of waiting for my boots to come in, I finally have all the soft parts for this marine. This will be the last post I make in this thread; I will be making a new one for the armor build. Below is a complete list of clothing articles and where I got them from. These are the most game accurate pieces that I could find.

BDUs: I had a pair of multicam BDUs sitting around which I dyed with RIT Emerald All Purpose. A note to those who may want to do the same; because my BDUs were already heavily washed, I wasn't worried about the fire retardant chemical treatment interfering with the dye, but your results may vary. I found the RIT dye at Walmart.

Additionally, I plan to do the sleeve webbing details with this nylon webbing: Amazon.com

Undershirts: Amazon.com

Gloves: Touch Screen Gloves Military Full Finger Gloves

Boots : Tactical Research by Belleville Khyber II Boots Coyote
It took me for freakin' ever to receive the boots in the mail. They were waiting on a shipment from the manufacturer but did not indicate this to me at the time of my order.

I want to color the boot soles black to match the game reference, but I haven't found a reliable way to dye or paint rubber soles. Some people suggest using Angelus Walk on Black Leather Paint, but I've read that it will flake off of rubber after a short time. It looks like dyeing them might work, but I would have to rip the soles off of the boots, and I don't really want to do that. If anyone has experience with this sort of thing, please get in touch.

It has been recommended to me by Emp Frosty and Negativecacti to buy gel insoles and boot socks for the boots, so I will be doing that, as well as thoroughly breaking them in before their first con.

I hope this helps. If you're thinking about building an Infinite marine and are looking for a sign, here it is!

Doit GIF by sheepfilms

PXL_20231123_202503331.MP.jpg

PXL_20231123_202617544.MP.jpg

-Crimson

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back