Halo Master Replica stuff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

preskewl

http://kotaku.com/358986/us-toy-fair-day-3...r-replica-stuff

Kotaku

They've already come up with replica Assault Rifles and Covenant Carbines, but on show yesterday was a plasma sword, small-scale replica Spartan helmets, a Hornet statue and, most interestingly, what looks like a large-scale Master Chief figure, which is a bit of a departure for MR. No word on prices or availability yet, so just make do with the pics and use your imagination.

Ruze789 said:
An 18" Chief, with die-cast armor and rubberized undersuit? With a suggested retail price of $100.00??!!! I'm so in.....

You know, I'm not really that into collectibles, but that'd be a nice reference to work from for the price..

Might even have to get it 3d-scanned..

Last edited by a moderator:
Vrogy said:
Might even have to get it 3d-scanned..

Now that would be pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, I would know where to even begin looking for that, so I'll just stick to it for collectibility and reference.... yeah that's it, reference... :shifty:

I'm glad I waited on buying the Kotobukiya stuff. An 18" accurately sculpted Chief will make a great reference.

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
:mad: Makes Me Furious That None Of This Stuff Is Or Will Be Available In Australia

Come on mate! Theres always Ebay!! Or if they don't ship here and you got some spare cash, open a US mailbox and have them send it there then here! :D (I've done it before trust me it works)

Ruze789 said:
Now that would be pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, I would know where to even begin looking for that, so I'll just stick to it for collectibility and reference.... yeah that's it, reference... :shifty:

I do, and even had access to it. But due to certain recent events, I had no need for it anymore. What a shame

Great figure, I will definatly get it on that

-tubachris

Yeah, it goes 'Choke, choke!"

j/k I think it does have game sound, but I wouldn't expect anything better than the jasman plasma rifles. Theres not enough room in the handle to put in a proper sound system and the power source in additon to the drivers for the lighting. Trust me, I've tried. :cautious:

I think if you look at the video you can faintly hear something like a sword sound... and faintly is the best you're going to get from a space roughly the size of your closed fist.

It'll have to do until the covenant lands and offers us their technology... might be a while.

I still think that alot of the stuff shown are still prototypes, I mean, if you read some of the labels, some do say "prototype-blah blah"

the blades are too short on the sword poorly made, needs an extension from the handle up to the blades to hodl em together, WTF? Seans set up FTW!

those helmets are sweet, but when you put them next to some of the work from this site, they get trumped. It's amazing the talent we have here.

They're also non-wearable miniatures.. :eek:

Still wonder why they're making so many scale replicas when they should be making life size stuff.. oh well, more armor for us to make then. ;)

Sean Bradley said:
They're also non-wearable miniatures.. :eek:

Still wonder why they're making so many scale replicas when they should be making life size stuff.. oh well, more armor for us to make then. ;)

Mostly, I believe, is because they are more likely to sell or make more off of the scaled stuff. Riddel was the first to put out the scaled SW helmets, and they were a hit, so MR got into it, with the scaled lightsabers. Another perspective, is that its more affordable. Where I would love to get the full scale episode 4 obi-wan lightsaber, I cant afford it, however, I still was able to ge the scaled version, which is still really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back