Halo Mmo Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Put it into the box with Halo DS:

Following the recent announcement that Microsoft-owned Age Of Empires creator Ensemble Studios would close after the completion of Halo Wars, Gamasutra has discovered that a now-canceled Halo MMO was in development at the studio, unearthing prototype UI and level screenshots of the Ensemble-developed project.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20153

hinterface1s.jpg

halommo.jpg

hscreen2.jpg

A halo MMO... i don't see how that would work very well, especially if it was set during the covie vs human wars, its one side vs the others, fight and kill, not much expanded universe that an MMO needs.

This looks like Wow...but worse...somehow...

Yikes. Why did they waste devs and artists' time with this stinker ;_: 2 years...gone!

Anonymous 23 Sep 2008 at 8:36 am PST

I'm enjoying WHO quite a bit, but I'm tired of the same orcs and trolls and... I am definitely ready for a sci-fi MMO, and this would have been perfect. Another reason to hate MS for closing Ensemble, although considering MS's track record when it comes to MMOs, it's probably a good thing if this never comes out.

This is what someone who plays way too much WoW would say, or...nah I won't go there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God they cancelled this POS. I mean Why even try a Halo based MMO it is doomed to fail from the start. That and it gives me more time to devote to waiting for the Star Trek Online game. WOOT STO yeah baby

I actually don't know where to start. I guess the summary would be thankfully this thing will never see the light of day. Even Halo Wars is pushing it in my books. I wish this WoW phase would just die already.

Cheers,
Kensai

Ehh... this is different... I'd play it, but not much else. :|

I'm kinda glad it was canceled, it saves me a lot of time. ;)

I got so scared when I saw the title, a Halo MMO would be like trying to make a Gears of War Childs' learning board game. It just doesn't work. I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw the "But already canceled" Description. I gues the developers thought the same as us, and that's why it was canceled.

LastSpartan said:
Well I'm really sad. I would have payed for that game. Even each month.
ooh, ouch. I think it would have made a mockery of the Halo universe

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this:
GameTrailers

Meh, I don't know, something seems phoney here. It just doesn't look right. Some things in the images you'd never expect to find in the Halo universe. Plus I'm not keen on the Cel-shaded effect.
I believe that a Halo MMO could work.....but this isn't it.

wow, nice find. what was that weird sorceress lady with the techno garb? To me it looks like they were definietly going for a rated T approach for this one, i mean look at the weapons. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back