Halo Monitor Project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysteryfactor

So I started Monday and finished folding the Monitor Wednesday morning. Now I need to figure out how I want to complete it. Should I fiberglass the outside or what??? Any tips....???

2291847880099778239S425x425Q85.jpg
2001234320099778239S200x200Q85.jpg
2522844410099778239S200x200Q85.jpg

this is a great looking monitor.

to harden it you can definately put the firberglass on the outside just you will then have to sand it down then add a layer of bondo over it. This is how I do custom stereo cabinets for cars

I am thinking of adding a few clear plastic rods to attach the various "floating" sections. Once I get it covered I plan to mount it to a clear acrylic staff.

My father suggested that I build one of these myself, but we need to keep it as light as possible so we can inflate a helium balloon inside. Then tie a string between it and my armor so it will float along behind me.

We thought that would be fun. :)

That would be fun if it worked. Now you got me thinking... ;-)

While I am thinking of how I want to go about finishing the Monitor I am also putting together the Spartan Laser. I'll have to post some pics once I get to the folding faze... just about done cutting up the 34 pages worth of parts.... You just got to love Pepakura!!!

wow that looks cool... and that helium idea is awesome.... you could use the baloons that clowns use to make baloon animals... do you know what i mean??? just put it in there and inflate

What i did with mine was resin the outside then drilled a small hole and poured resin in the inside. I also added expanding foam for the inside too. After the inside was all hard, I bondoed the outside then did a heck of a lot of sanding. Good luck on Monitor its a pain to make but so well worth it at the end. You can check out mine its in my signature but im thinking of going back a doing some detail work, but that would be when my weapons and armor for my costume is done and i have free time from writing.

My father suggested that I build one of these myself, but we need to keep it as light as possible so we can inflate a helium balloon inside. Then tie a string between it and my armor so it will float along behind me.

We thought that would be fun. :)

Not to burst your bubble, but in order for that to float it would have to be as light as well... a balloon. Heres a diagram to explain.
helium-balloon1.gif

Would have been a really cool idea though.

I'd do the first half of Taka's suggestion but then cut some holes and put expanding foam in. Just make sure you cut vents so theres no pressure buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back