Halo Movie Back In Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrisan

Hey everyone. So a colleague of mine that also works in the film industry posted a list of movies currently in development, one of which was Halo. So I asked him if it was really being worked on and he said:

"Yes...its in development and so far everything seems like it is moving forward. They are adapting Alex Garland's original script--the one that Microsoft paid him a million dollars to written--then sold to Universal.

Plot Summary

After they crash-land on an artificial ring-world called "Halo", a navy captain, his surviving marines, and a chemically-and-surgically-enhanced super soldier named John-117 "Master Chief" must find out what the Covenant, the genocidal alien race they are at war with, are looking for on the ring. However, Halo holds more secrets than either side imagined.

Peter Schlessel is set to Produce with Peter Jackson as one of the Execs. "

What do you think? I haven't seen anything officially announced yet.

Hmmm... Nice to hear that it's back in business. Hope they don't screw it up tho.... Maybe they should ask us for some tips XD.

Cheers!

my heart just stopped and now it wont stop beating fast, although on one hand im exited but on the other i have to be skeptical of such information, especial to be leaked in this way.

one thing is for sure, it will happen one day and ITS GOING TO BE AWESOME.

Well this is pretty much the same thing I saw on my HSX News site. The question is if something delays it again.

Wow, this is great! I heard that they were doing this, but there was controversy and Steven Spielberg and Peter Jakson had a falling-out(That's just what I heard, so dont turn gossip into facts please) But this will be cool, only...that sounds like the plot of Halo CE, couldnt they come up with something more original. Like maybe what happened to the master chief between Halo and Halo 2?

Aaron said:
Wow, this is great! I heard that they were doing this, but there was controversy and Steven Spielberg and Peter Jakson had a falling-out(That's just what I heard, so dont turn gossip into facts please) But this will be cool, only...that sounds like the plot of Halo CE, couldnt they come up with something more original. Like maybe what happened to the master chief between Halo and Halo 2?

You could always read the book

And for the movie it great, but they are better to not srcap the movie.

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay. I am glad they arnt making a new story. Also maybe we will get another armour to make , because I doubt they will stick true to the low poly Halo:CE Mk5 model. They will probably go with a more refined looking Mk5. It would be cool to have movie version armour. On a down side now I can't make jokes about the fact that the movie will never come out. Like the other day My friend asked when the remake of the old Fahrenhiet451 movie comes out I said "same time the halo movie does" and he was like "so... never". It was funny.

EDIT: sorry i meant mark 5

The original halo armor is the Mk V not the Mk IV. Mk IV I think is Reach (though there are some indications in MP of it being reimagined Mk V). The Mk VI is Halo 2+3 and being more recognized as Chief by the public, I think that'll be what they use in the movie accurate or not.

Enrisan said:
Hey everyone. So a colleague of mine that also works in the film industry posted a list of movies currently in development, one of which was Halo. So I asked him if it was really being worked on and he said:

"Yes...its in development and so far everything seems like it is moving forward. They are adapting Alex Garland's original script--the one that Microsoft paid him a million dollars to written--then sold to Universal.

Plot Summary

After they crash-land on an artificial ring-world called "Halo", a navy captain, his surviving marines, and a chemically-and-surgically-enhanced super soldier named John-117 "Master Chief" must find out what the Covenant, the genocidal alien race they are at war with, are looking for on the ring. However, Halo holds more secrets than either side imagined.

Peter Schlessel is set to Produce with Peter Jackson as one of the Execs. "

What do you think? I haven't seen anything officially announced yet.

Why the f*** did they choose that script?

1: It's leaked and old. Everyone knows what happens.

2: It's NOT the fall of reach

3: The script SUCKED. BAD. Cortana was written like a 4 year old little girl and the chief was written like a jive talkin drug dealer.

Sigma-LS said:
The original halo armor is the Mk V not the Mk IV. Mk IV I think is Reach (though there are some indications in MP of it being reimagined Mk V). The Mk VI is Halo 2+3 and being more recognized as Chief by the public, I think that'll be what they use in the movie accurate or not.

The Reach Armor is MK V and Halo Wars is MK IV :p

Squirtle117 said:
Yay. I am glad they arnt making a new story. Also maybe we will get another armour to make , because I doubt they will stick true to the low poly Halo:CE Mk4 model. They will probably go with a more refined looking Mk4. It would be cool to have movie version armour. On a down side now I can't make jokes about the fact that the movie will never come out. Like the other day My friend asked when the remake of the old Fahrenhiet451 movie comes out I said "same time the halo movie does" and he was like "so... never". It was funny.

It's Mark 5... not Mark "4"

Garzak said:
You could always read the book

HAHAHAHAHA! Quit jokin' around. Oh you were serious, lemme laugh even harder HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xalener said:
Why the f*** did they choose that script?

1: It's leaked and old. Everyone knows what happens.

2: It's NOT the fall of reach

3: The script SUCKED. BAD. Cortana was written like a 4 year old little girl and the chief was written like a jive talkin drug dealer.

Dude chill.

For all we know, this could be a different, revised script...

I think they'll use the Mk V, but maybe something more like the HD redux or the Reach armor.

The Mk V is my favorite, and I would hate for it not to get the recognition it deserves...

Ronster said:
Dude chill.

For all we know, this could be a different, revised script...

I think they'll use the Mk V, but maybe something more like the HD redux or the Reach armor.

The Mk V is my favorite, and I would hate for it not to get the recognition it deserves...

Agreed, I'm gonna wait too see an "official" announcement, (Like a trailer, lol.) Because I've heard about a movie for years and the closest we've gotten is Operation Chasity.

(Which I must say is looking like the best Fan Film ever.)

Yeah I'm hoping for a real Mk V. But in all likelihood, we'll be referring to it as "The movie armor."

I want this.

679px-Awakening.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back