Halo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadlerhalofan

As this is a weapons and props site with a huge member base and project collection, I was wondering how many people have considered making a film? With the halo movie's status under a fog and no word from bungie as to it's creation I think that now is a great time for fans to build and show off. After all the spotlight is switched off of the professional work for now.

The only things that Peter Jackson is rumored to have shot are on youtube. The test scene looks great but I think the 405th can do better. The props I see here are just off the charts in cool. The only thing I think we need is some basic knowledge of filming and a script to work with. Below is the live action halo video I am refering to.

This is a website I love to look at for After Effects tips and tricks. I was thinking of using some of the free tutes here to build an hour long fan film after I finish my armor. Tell me what you guys think of it and if you would use it to do some mindblowing youtube stuff.

Creative Cow
Video Copilot

Also if you guys and gals have made any youtube vids from past projects I would love to check them out. Is there a thread for that already by chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt there a team up North working on one already? I remember him making Worthogs and other vehicles, he even posted pics. And just saying, if we're going to make a movie, we should leave 117 out of it, but put in other Spartans like from Ghosts of Onyx.

Problems for the amateurs like us

-We are all over US (or the world), hard chance for us to gather up and do it(+ everyone's personnal schedule).
-If you have a protagonist, you also need and antagonist. But we don't see so much people making costumes of elites,brutes,grunts etc, cuz everyone wants to join the UNSC :p
-Since our armor is all made from different people, the quality is not fixed.
-Everyone wants to be a Spartan! We have tons of Spartans, but less ordinary marines, which we need much more...

Hmm... I'd be interested in this depending on the area it's being filmed at.

I'm making a sliced AR right now out of pep (I don't think I'll have anything else to do until I get some spare cash to get some body filler :p )

So, if you could, PM me your general location (IE: a city or like, 'I'm about an hours drive from Boise' or something, not your exact address)

I don't have any pics of it, but someone posted on here about what to do about multiple props and how much quality they should be, but using that idea (Or fact) I could make just some sliced weapons and paint them quick and get a few (Depending on how many are on scene) ten or so AR, BR, Carbines etc.

Anyways, I'd like to help, and if you have any Marines in here, count me in ;)

Edit: And I could probably make a few grunt costumes or something. Just saying :D

My Company is currently thinking of remaking the book Ghosts of Onyx into a short film. Not feature length, we're not that professional. But it will be very cool. As soon as i start to get my account on this amazing site up so i'm not a noob, i will most likely start the production of it. I just need to be more skilled, and find out how to make molds, and i will probably start.

Well, i am a pretty good video editor
i made a plasma grenade, effect
but what everybody says, most of the costumes around here are MC but there can only be one chief...
And i live in the netherlands, and cant afford to go to the USA

One could take a page from Marvel and DC... dimensional portal open and worlds cross... Halo VS Gear of War... final show down between Master Chief and Marcus Fenix... it's coming for what happened in one of Adm's podcasts where the Chief gets stood up by a girl so she can date Fenix...

just a thought :p

I would totaly be into it, once i finish my ODST build :p , I am a n actor of sorts and i Love halo oh so much, i would love to help to create one of the book's storys on film

im actually in the process of making a series of short episodes of a squad of three ODST's fighting rebels on the outer rim and instead of just talking about it (like i did for ahwile XD) i started work on it im up to 5 ODST helm low detail (only peper working on it,well im doing everything actually :cautious:) i was origanally going for 2 squads of 3 but thats to much for one kid and i have lazy freinds :D anyway *low detail* 5 odst helms 1 odst chest 2 marine chest used for odst grunt suits and leg/ arms peices for one suit *WEAPONS* 2 ARs 1 BR (later 2-3) 2 smgs 3 mags and a crappy Rluancher i plan to make 3 marine suits (btw made about...sec.. four marine chest peices H3 style unlike the H1 ones im using for ODST grunt suits...

anyhoo i still need to finish one H1 chest detail the H3 armor and make 3 marine helmets (made one low detail gonna make high detail instead) make a sniper 1 BR at least and a rocket luancher most of this i will do when school gets out...

well if you read most of this you may have relisead im kinda young (13 no telling you my age doasnt activate a homing device that only creepers can see) and all my "actors" will be young to so don't be hatin' :rolleyes but Mr.UK up there ^^^^^ peter cooper blew me out of the water so i suggest you check him out!
ll ll ll ll ll and to the marine thing adam made like 8 marine suits and has odst helms so he could make a movie whenever he wants (excluding works hours :p ) i mean texas has queit an abundance of 405th members not like NC (whats that beeping sound Xd) get it you know homing device :cautious: right, right anyone...*sigh*

I'm thinking of creating some ODST armor later this year. Right now I'm just focusing on my Scout Helmet... But a Halo movie made from 405th would be awesome! I think if we molded exact copies of marine armor it'd go a lot smoother.

BobvDijk said:
Well, i am a pretty good video editor
i made a plasma grenade, effect
but what everybody says, most of the costumes around here are MC but there can only be one chief...
And i live in the netherlands, and cant afford to go to the USA

or we could do the fall of reach,wich has atleast70-75 spartans

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt I'll be able to get there for any of the actual filming if you guys actually do this, but maybe I can do some other support role from my little place on the rock. Be cool to see.

i think this is the big reason why we are doing regiments for each state but this kind of thing cant be done till we're official. so if each state can come out with a fan film it would be pretty cool

Yeah the state to state thing would be rather rough to figure out. I live in Indiana so Texas is a ways off. Still though have you guys ever seen the internet zombie movie website? People in the UK started it I think. It was a youtube thing for a while. Might be neat to work like they did.

http://internetzombiemovie.blogspot.com/ :lol:

I think that they got local groups together and had teams or something. Anyway though I was thinking that we could write small scale parts and mosh them together in some sort of format or another.

Being an official group is something I know very little about. If we need bungie's approval I think that would be very lame on thier part. After all real life halo is > video game halo. I think its just a matter of getting noobs involved at some basic level. This site is great but it can scare the casual person to pieces at first glance. I mean I never heard of Bondo until you guys walked me through it. I understand that people need to work on their own and that no one person should explain it all. Still though to involve many couch potato fans into our ranks might involve "noobing it up" a bit. I just think that we should take veteran members with full armor and weapon props and gather them up for a film project of some sort. Keep the noobs out until we get a handle on how to run a film project together as a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back