Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadet

Executive Officer
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S111
I attended Eastern Kentucky University, and was a member of the school's Honors Program. Every senior in the program is required to do a thesis project in order to graduate "with honors." The project most often takes on the form of a research paper, and can be on anything the student wants it to be on, as long as it is done in a scholarly manner. Or at least that's how the cool previous director of the Honor's Program who was there for my first 3 years viewed it. The new director is more...business minded in her approach and her line is that you should only do a thesis that will help you get into Grad School or a job. In light of being a much larger fan of the previous director, and starting this project under her tenure, I chose to do mine as a scholarly examination of a video game, as it seemed to me that video games are often misunderstood and dismissed by most academics and the media.

I now have the full text of my research paper, 28 pages in total, hosted online on my friends and mine's website, and thought I would share it with everyone.

So, here it is:

http://tkbearcrew.com/extrapages.php?id=6

Damn dude, that is scholarly!

I think that would show colleges that you are flexible and can provide your own opinion in an unexplored area.

Sherm said:
Damn dude, that is scholarly!

I think that would show colleges that you are flexible and can provide your own opinion in an unexplored area.

Kind of makes me wonder if I went into the wrong field. I mean, all my Forensics degree has gotten me is 20 weeks of office clerical work and a month of unemployment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad I finally got to read this Cadet. That was 25 minutes well spent! I'm sure Bungie would have loved to read it. ;) Might I inquire what your professor thought of it?

HeavyGunner said:
I'm so glad I finally got to read this Cadet. That was 25 minutes well spent! I'm sure Bungie would have loved to read it. ;) Might I inquire what your professor thought of it?

Doctor Maclaren enjoyed it, and he did give me an A at the end of the project. He was one of those professors that enjoyed pushing things beyond the norm, taking new and interesting view points on subjects that no one had seemed to really delve into before.

It would be cool to know that atleast someone at Bungie has read it, but I have no idea how to get it out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back