Halo: Nightfall - ONI Uniform Completed (Belts/Holster WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottJackson117

Member DIN
S717
I left this costume in limbo for over a year due to studies, but have finally completed it at the minimum level. The ONI uniform itself is completed, and now I'm moving on to making the straps and pouches, while moving onto my next costume.

1_Casual_Back.jpg2_Casual_Front.jpg4_Full_Front.jpg3_Full_Back.jpg5_Full_Close.jpg6_Full_Left.jpg7_Full_Right.jpg

Details:
Main Fabric: Cotton Duck (Black)
Patches: Old Jacket (unsure what material)
Rank/ONI: Hand/Machine embroidered
UNSC Tag: EVA foam cut, spray painted metallic silver
ONI ID: Canvas (Black) + Printed ID

Purchased Items:
SWAT Boots
Belt
Undershirt (added ONI emblem)

Note:
Jacket: 2 chest pockets

I'll post updates for the pouches/straps/holster later on, hopefully next month.

This is really well-made! I'm assuming you made the whole jacket from scratch. Will you be sharing the pattern you used? Also how did you do the patches?

Thank you! Yes I made the whole thing from scratch, but I didnt use any patterns. I used my jacket as a template for measurement, then adjusted where necessary.

The left Rank patch was done by hand, and the collar rank and ONI emblem were mostly by hand, but tightened up in some areas using my sewing machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Bravo sir, this is awesome,
Wish it was my uniform :b

Thanks!

Thank you! Yes I made the whole thing from scratch, but I didnt use any patterns. I used my jacket as a template for measurement, then adjusted where necessary.

The left Rank patch was done by hand, and the collar rank and ONI emblem were mostly by hand, but tightened up in some areas using my sewing machine.
Colour me impressed! I tend to do the same thing when creating things, use a shirt to get the rough measurements and base of the pattern then adjust accordingly. Making the patched by hand though... THAT is dedication! Bravo man! :eek < Supposed to be a dropped jaw. I hardly doubt I'd have the patience considering how much I tend to stab my fingers when handsewing.

Colour me impressed! I tend to do the same thing when creating things, use a shirt to get the rough measurements and base of the pattern then adjust accordingly. Making the patched by hand though... THAT is dedication! Bravo man! :eek < Supposed to be a dropped jaw. I hardly doubt I'd have the patience considering how much I tend to stab my fingers when handsewing.

Yeah my finger became a pin cushion for a bit

Nice! The jacket's really stylish, well done! Looking forward to seeing the holster rig - any plans for weapons to go along with it?

Nice! The jacket's really stylish, well done! Looking forward to seeing the holster rig - any plans for weapons to go along with it?

Thanks!

Hopefully I can have one ready next month ,but that depends on my speed considering that it would be my first time making a weapon prop.

Finished the belt a couple days ago, and here is the result, as well as a photo of me in full gear at the Sydney Supanova!

The pouches were made from the canvas of old laptop bags, the silver embellishments were made from EVA foam cut using a scalpel and beveled with a Dremel and spray painted, and the buckle was made from both EVA and Worbla. The worbla helped hold it all together and lasted all 3 days to my surprise and acted just like a belt clip! Really sturdy stuff.
2016-06-19-2470.jpg13434685_903707503072894_6055388518584415676_n.jpg

I have to say I love your build. Soft parts are hard, but your ONI looks totally legit.

Hey man! I think I saw you at supanova I was the red ODST. your suit looks great and I cant wait to see even more of your work!

I have to say I love your build. Soft parts are hard, but your ONI looks totally legit.

Thanks! Love making the uniforms!

I'd love to see a pattern for this! Amazing job!

I might make one for it when I get around to it. I Should probably do it for future uniforms too.

Hey man! I think I saw you at supanova I was the red ODST. your suit looks great and I cant wait to see even more of your work!

Yes I remember you! Awesome ODST! More uniforms are planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back