Halo Novel's Consistancy W/ Halo Story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SchizophrenicMC said:
Less believable an issue than this, I think, is the fact that some Spartan-IIs are actually quite social with each other. Far beyond what we see with the Chief's team. :D

And, for that matter, Maria-062. She actually RETIRED from the UNSC, got married, and started a family, if I'm not mistaken. I recall in Fall of Reach, the platinum implant in the SPARTANs' thyroids had the side effect of suppressed sex drives, to the point of complete inability to form sexual thoughts in most of them. Maria somehow escaped this side-effect. 0_0

That, or she just ignored her repressed sexual drive for the sake of bearing children.

I find it interesting that in every image (aside from the cover of FoR) of SPARTANs that weren't Blue team, the SPARTANs all had personalized armor colors.

I was always under the impression that due to their training, they didn't even HAVE preferences of colors, not to mention that they were allowed to paint their armor at will, sacrificing camouflage ability for personalization.

To me, that doesn't really sound like a SPARTAN-ish thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the way it had that effect was it prevented hormones from working. Those hormones are key in pregnancy, as well. If I remember right, someone in TFoR said something about there never being Spartan babies because of this. Maria wasn't affected by this (It's in the Halo Encyclopedia, as I recall, that she wasn't), so she retired and had kids.

Anyway, that's kind of irrelevant.

Hey, you're basing this on the Chief. He's emotionless. However, the other SPARTANs are actually very open and friendly, even to the point of Black Team making fun of their number-2 about a Drone she trusted. I can see them having color preference.

Plus, you've got to remember, the original purpose of the visor on the MJOLNIR helmet was as a psychological element, "to strike fear into enemy soldiers. It worked well on unggoy." MJOLNIR and SPARTAN-II were originally intended to combat Insurrectionists, and PsyWar is very important to that. It would strike fear into the masses that a small, secret army of indestructible soldiers weighing half a ton in their 7-foot tall suits of armor in colors much more memorable than UNSC Olive Drab were taking everything from Watts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back