Halo Reach at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruze789

Sr Member
Posting this thread for discussion of the Halo Reach reveals at E3, for those who didn't follow along on the 405th FB page or on any of the gaming blogs that covered it.

Campaign
Here's the Bnet E3 Campaign trailer link:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=2010E3

Going above and beyond is standard operating procedure for the Spartans of Noble Team, but even they weren’t prepared for Operation Uppercut. Backs against the wall and facing the full might of a merciless Covenant invasion force, Noble Six must rely on his unique skill set and his previous involvement in the UNSC’s top secret Sabre program to launch a last ditch surprise attack against the Covenant fleet in the last place they expect to be met by strong resistance.
Noteworthy items from the Campaign reveal:

• New map revealed (Beachhead)
  • New assassination shown
  • Impressive amount of AI battle happening onscreen
  • Space combat!!

Firefight

Here's the Bnet E3 Firefight trailer link:
http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/vidaudio.aspx?c=58

It’s official. Firefight is back and better than ever. To get your drool on, go ahead and salivate over a Firefight that’s fully integrated into Halo: Reach’s matchmaking and topped off with an insane side of complete player customization, right down to each Set, Round, and Wave. And that’s just the beginning of the control you have over the experience. While you ponder the endlessly deadly possibilities, go ahead and sink your teeth into this piping hot trailer, fresh out of our frying pan.
Noteworthy items from the FireFight 2.0 reveal:

• New map revealed (Waterfront)
  • Insane customization options
  • New weapons (Target Locator and Concussion Rifle)
  • New Armor Ability (Drop Shield)

Here's the post-E3 Bungie Weekly Update, where Urk covers the entire list of Firefight settings that can be changed:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_061810

And here's the Reach project page on Bnet, where there are the 2 new trailers, 22 new screenshots, and 19 new renders including the following ones:
http://www.bungie.net/Projects/Reach/default.aspx

Reach_E310_TargetLocator.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign09.jpg

Reach_E310_Campaign01.jpg

Reach_E310_Firefight_Waterfront05.jpg

I think the Holidays are coming 3 months earlier. (= .I can't wait. I think its great that they kept firefight, and adding the Space fight mission is a dream come true; I always loved the stories of the space battles in the cutscenes and books like "The Impossible Life and Possible Dealth of Preston J. Cole".

Yea, firefight is awsome, i like that kind of night when i'm tired, my gf is tired and we just play Halo 3 ODST firefights all night long, i cant wait for Reach. Some moments in this game are going to be epic. I loved Fall of Reach book.

Already Pre-ordered the Legendary edition at Best Buy! Gonna be flying the Sabre Sept. 14th!

If I remember correctly, Halo 2 was released at one place a few days early due to a screw up, some with ODST, and Halo 3 had the french version pirated or something, think Reach will see an 'early release' along the same lines?

Glad to see firefights back I just hope they've fix it so you dont need some kind of wonder connection to stop it from becoming a lag fest.

Glad to see firefights back I just hope they've fix it so you dont need some kind of wonder connection to stop it from becoming a lag fest.

Yea i just love firefight in ODST with my GF and Reach Firefight will have lots of options to set up and improve gaming experience. I bet they fixed lagging.

i too was more than excited with the announcement of firefight in reach....it has been one of my favorite moments in the halo franchise...now we get to play as spartans

Yeah I was telling these people that Halo Reach was more similar to Star wars battlefront then Cod6. They were like nuh uh. And now with space flight it is true. Star wars battle front kicked a** back in the day before I could play M games.

Yeah I was telling these people that Halo Reach was more similar to Star wars battlefront then Cod6. They were like nuh uh. And now with space flight it is true. Star wars battle front kicked a** back in the day before I could play M games.
StarWars BattleFront still kicks a**, I was playing it yesterday lol.

Those space battles look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back