Foam Halo reach commando spartan-III foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna regret this but I made a new hinge for the chest piece, but unfortunately doesn't fit properly extending forward. So im gonna use the old one but remake the top portion reusing the button panel thing. I also don't like the quality pf the foam since it was part of a bad batch of eva foam that my local harbor freight had, but not to worry since I ordered a new packet with better quality for this piece.
20200826_082927_HDR.jpg
20200826_082944_HDR.jpg

Got the thighs fully painted and got inspired by carter's thigh armor decals to add them into my own thighs by carefully sketching it on, and masking the area and painting them on by hand. I also added the other decals that the design already has with weathering pending.
20200826_083121_HDR.jpg
20200826_083130_HDR.jpg

Back with another update on the armor, the hinge or chest thing under the chest piece is finally glued painted. I made myself a lot of trouble trying to use the remodeled hinge but it just didn't bend right going outward way too much so I ended up reusing the old one giving more coverage.
20200929_153256_HDR.jpg

It's probably the way the pic was taken, but it looks a little crooked to me, or I still have a kink in my neck, still looks cool though

It's probably the way the pic was taken, but it looks a little crooked to me, or I still have a kink in my neck, still looks cool though
Your right it is crooked I noticed before I took the picture and have tried to fix it ever since, but it won't be noticeable once the commando chest bag and radio are applied they will cover the corners hiding that crime since I glued it in wrong.

Your right it is crooked I noticed before I took the picture and have tried to fix it ever since, but it won't be noticeable once the commando chest bag and radio are applied they will cover the corners hiding that crime since I glued it in wrong.
Damn, that sucks, but your plan sounds like it will work, looking forward to more!

I used pepakura in order to build all the armor parts alongside the helmet which required a decent amount of modification to the pepakura file in order to work with foam alongside a bit of free handing a few details here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back