Halo Reach: First Build W.I.P pic heavy (hopefully :P)

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by DemonButler, Jun 26, 2016.

1. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Hello guys and gals! I have recently been working on a Halo Reach suit and decided its about time I pull my weight and start posting some updates and pics :p Its taken a few tries at different pieces before I finally settled on the suit I wanted to build but I think I've got it. The plan is to eventually have a full E.O.D tech suit with the associated specialized pieces but first things first, the base suit needs to be made :p

These pics where of some of the original pieces I built before I changed my mind. They right bicep and shoulder pieces were nicely scaled but they thigh piece was too large and had to be scrapped. :/

Attached Files:

2. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

These were some pics of the thigh and Jorge chest piece I had started, the thigh piece was about 5mm-10mm too small and had to be discarded, the Jorge chest piece was too large

Attached Files:

3. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

I finally decided on creating an E.O.D suit after I came across the file for the helmet and fell in love with it, I have so far finished pepping it and have just added the first layer of resin to the outside

Attached Files:

4. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Pics of the helmet with resin

Attached Files:

5. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

The chest piece took a couple tries to get right but its finally finished and ready to resin

Attached Files:

6. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

size comparison between my first attempt and the final one, it had been going fine but I did have the sinking feeling from the beginning but hoped that maybe I was just imagining it being to big but once it got to the stage in the photo I knew that it was waaayyy to large :(

Attached Files:

7. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Here are two right thigh pieces, the smaller of the two was the first attempt but ended up to small, the larger seems to be the perfect size, have just finished it and will hopefully begin to resin it soon

Attached Files:

8. swift4740

swift4740 New Member

aww, no credit bruh? jokes, lookin great :p

9. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Have just started on the right forearm and should be finished within a day or so :)

Attached Files:

10. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

As promised, the finished forearm which seems to be the perfect size XD

- - - Updated - - -

Any creative criticism or suggestions on the build so far would be really appreciated :)

Attached Files:

11. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Nicely done. Clean smooth line. What adhesive did you use?

12. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Thank you :) so far I'm just using hot glue :p
    The forearm ended up being harder than I had first thought due to all the tiny indentations :O :p

13. Lt Shiny Sides

Lt Shiny Sides

Hot glue? That seems like a painful route. It's all looking good tho!

DemonButler and Dirtdives like this.
  14. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

that's what I was thinking.....but it's not unheard of. Trying to adjust after it cools is a pain though. Holding while its hot ain't no bed of roses either....

DemonButler likes this.
  15. Asgardianhammer

Asgardianhammer Identity Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

Very Cleanly done sir! As such you have my Reach Decal set complete with EOD decals. once completed Head over to the Exploding Fist Detachment page on FB and post it up!

DemonButler likes this.
  16. BroodierGoose1

BroodierGoose1 New Member

Wow bravo! That is some clean pepping!

DemonButler likes this.
  17. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your comments :) The hot glue has been quite a hot process as the many tiny burns on my fingers show :p
    Thankyou Asgardianhammer, the moment I finish I will definitely be posting it, I hope the EOD suit will be up to the same level as some of those amazing EOD suits out there :)
    At the moment I'm starting on the right bicep and should hopefully finish inside a day or two :)

18. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posting over the last week or so, ended up having to make multiple attempts at the bicep, here is the first attempt, I had intended for it to be the right bicep but accidentally flipped the file, the lack of edge IDs wasn't by choice but because I had run out of black ink :p It had to be scrapped because even though the sizing was very nice the bottom of the piece has a much smaller opening than anticipated and was much to small to make it around my arm.

Attached Files:

19. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

This was my second attempt at the bicep, this time the file was the right way around :p I had decided that because the last attempt was not nearly wide enough I would increase the width by 3 cm, I hadn't however realised how much this would increase the overall size of the bicep and ultimately was waayyy to large

Attached Files:

20. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

I finally got the size right on my third try #thirdtimesthecharm :p heres some pics of the final bicep and it compared to the other attempts, I think that I will hopefully start on one of the shins next, I also just started Rondo on my thigh piece and will post a pic of it when I get the chance, it warped a bit but I should be able to fix it.

Attached Files:

21. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Hey there guys :) Over the last week or so ive managed to smash out two different pieces, the right shin and the cod piece :p Here are some pics of the shin

Attached Files:

22. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

And here are some of the codpiece :p

Attached Files:

23. Starrmont

Starrmont Jr Member

It's looking good! You've made quick progress and managed to maintain a clean looking set. Props to you! Can't wait to see it finished. :)

DemonButler likes this.
  24. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Re: Halo Reach EOD: First Build W.I.P pic heavy (hopefully :p)

Hey there everyone, sorry for radio silence recently, had a large school load recently but had a very productive weekend and managed to get through a very large amount of work of the armor, here are some pics of how it turned out.

Attached Files:

25. DemonButler

DemonButler New Member

Here is the thigh now, parts that have marker on them are destined to be trimmed off and most likely replaced with foam

Attached Files: