Halo Reach Foam Armor Build *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skoopa92

Hey people! lol, i'm building foam armor based on Spacemeats tutorial videos, i've added a bunch of new armor pieces and whatnot. Take a look!

I started with the feet, they turned out a bit messy looking compared to the rest.
SAM_6183.JPG

Then i moved to the shins, which turned out much nicer, also i took these pictures before i filled the seams with drywall filler, so some gaps might be apparent.
SAM_6185.JPG

Basically i want from the bottom of the armor, up. I came into an issue with the thighs where the thin foam on the inner part was to high up, but i've since cut it down and it looks better
SAM_6188.JPG

With the codpiece, i made the front part detachable, two magnets on each side hold it onto the back, so it's easier to remove.
SAM_6192.JPG

Hole punchers are very handy! lol, i already sanded the ends down a bit, ill be sure to post pictures of the finished armor on this topic when i'm done
SAM_6195.JPG

I plan to add magnets on where the shoulder armor attaches, so i can interchange them whenever i want.
SAM_6196.JPG

These turned out really nice, to attach the armor, i'm gonna add velcro in the inside, then on my undersuit, then the undersuit is washable, and it works out well
SAM_6199.JPG

At first, i made the visor opening to narrow.
SAM_6200.JPG

But i got it fixed, much better
SAM_6243.JPG

The chest took so long, but i finally got it done
SAM_6249.JPG

Before this, i never realized how much detail the back armor has! there's tons of tiny things! lol
SAM_6248.JPG

Once i was finished the base armor, i started the attachments, i converted these files from regular pepakura to work with foam, if anyone know how i can go about sharing the files let me know!
SAM_6372.JPG

I left an opening on the tactical UGPS for a phone or something, but it's to narrow for a phone, lol. but im thinking of using some clear plastic and decal paper to make the screen, then adding LEDs behind it to make it glow.
SAM_6374.JPG

If anyone wants the picture for the UGPS, here it is
UGPS.jpg

Here's the multi threat chest plate, i think it turned out really nice, i tried making one the the grenades for the grenade belt, using half a styrofoam ball, it didn't really work out, its so hard getting things perfectly rounded, but it turned into a good coaster!
SAM_6376.JPG

This was a tough one, the tactical trauma kit, mainly built out of craft foam, i wanted it to be a pouch i could put stuff in! and i succeeded!
SAM_6377.JPG

I included all this on the templates, there's not much room inside, i wanted to fit a hot glue gun inside so i could literally "Heal" myself and other spartans, but it doesn't fit : (
SAM_6380.JPG

There are small magnets connecting the top and bottom
SAM_6381.JPG

It just snaps shut! it's pretty nifty!
SAM_6382.JPG

Here's my old plasma pistol from my first armor build, it looks pretty good, i used a heater to burn in he circle pattern, and getting the color was crazy! i took i think 4 drops of purple paint, 2 drops of metallic blue paint, and 1 drop of silver paint, ya DROPS! idk why i decided to be so precise but the color turned out super nice!, i plan to make a new plasma pistol this time.
SAM_6191.JPG

Thanks for viewing! ill post updates on this thread, i would post my old armor, but D : it wasn't the prettiest! lol this is my second build!
HUGE thanks to Spacemeat, without his tutorials i would be lost! lol

I'm also looking for a few pepakura files,
Mk5b Helmet attachments, HUL and UA
Halo Reach Spartan Laser
Halo 3, or Reach Plasma Rifle
and a Halo Reach Plasma Pistol
If anyone has these files i would be super happy! lol

Also if you have the time, check out my Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/Skoopa92

Thanks everyone! lol, i'm building n assault rifle, when i'm finished the main parts ill post pictures! I made templates for the helmet attachments i was looking for, they worked out pretty nice, the top piece just looks so weird, but when you look at it, it's a really weird attachment, lol

oh, also, what is better, having lights wired throughout your armor, or having each light individual to it's own battery? like those "throwies" people make, like LED lights taped to batteries. not having wires in the suit would be nice, but then you cant replace one battery and power all the lights

SAM_6396.JPG
Added the HUL attachment to the helmet! i made the template from scratch, if anyone wants it let me know, also tell me how to send PDO files, lol

SAM_6397.JPG
I also made the UA attachment from scratch, it looks really wonky in this picture, lol! but it doesn't look that bad in real

SAM_6398.JPG
But i managed to integrate a super bright flashlight inside it! so wherever i look can be bright! lol

SAM_6399.JPG
The button for the flashlight is hidden in the back, plus i can change the batteries from here, wow this piece looks super ugly on camera! lol

SAM_6391.JPG
and finally the best part of the costume! OMG its gorgeous! eeeek! lol

SAM_6392.JPG
This baby's got a removable magazine, it can bust the bunker under the bunker you just busted, i like to call it the Ex-Wife

SAM_6395.JPG
and a built in flash light! its removable so you can change the batteries, it also has an opening at the bottom to access the switch to turn it on!

Stay tunes for more updates! oh ya, i also made the shoulder pads, wrist attachment and med kit attach via magnet, so if i ever want to make different armor, i can switch the pieces with ease!

SAM_6402.JPG
Plastidip! it started to get super windy, so the assault rifle has to wait : ( lol

SAM_6403.JPG
I wont show every armor piece, basically they're all black now! watch out, cat hair gets stuck to the rubber coating, lol, themulti threat chest piece connects via magnet! my sister Hooty is doing to paint job and its sooooo awesome so far! when it's done ill take pictures!

SAM_6404.JPG
OMG isn't the paint job amazing?! Hooty is OP! lol

SAM_6406.JPG
I won't show all the pieces until it's all assembled, but wow, paint is crazy

While Hooty painted, i did THIS!

SAM_6410.JPG
Bachelorette # 1

SAM_6411.JPG
This magnum has a removable magazine that connects via magnet!

SAM_6412.JPG
Bachelorette # 2 It likes pina colada and getting caught in the rain!

SAM_6413.JPG
This magnum has a removable magazine AS WELL as two magnets on the magazine that connect to the leg armor through the magnum!

SAM_6415.JPG
What's this? a switch?

SAM_6416.JPG
oooooh!

SAM_6417.JPG
If you run out of batteries, don't worry! flip it open.

SAM_6418.JPG
From here you can take the little flashlight out, replace it with a different colored one, or replace the batteries!

SAM_6419.JPG
There's a little piece of hot glue inserted in the tube to dilute the light, it's also removable if you want a full out flash light!

SAM_6421.JPG
If you work with hot glue, get parchment paper! it's the best ever! hot glue doesn't stick to it, you can make all sorts of things! like filters for lights! or even props for Halo figures!

SAM_6420.JPG
Bachelorette # 2 is far greater then # 1, and i have no room for more weapons on my armor, my left leg has the medkit, my right leg has Bachelorette #2, and i'll be carrying "The Ex-Wife"... what's up with these names? lol. so Bachelorette #1 will probably sit out the expo, or i'll give it to a weaponless spartan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back