Halo Reach Foam Armor Build *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooty has painted all the armor pieces, i won't whole those until it's all ready to go! because it's so awesome! but i will show Bachelorette #2, fully painted, its SOOOOO sexy! lol

SAM_6425.JPG

The name of the weapon is on it, as well as so many little details!
SAM_6426.JPG

The light still works! lol, i got a red one to make it more game accurate
SAM_6427.JPG

The magazine is also painted! (duh) lol
SAM_6428.JPG

Hooty added all these details that weren't on the Pepakura file, but in the game, they look so real you don't notice they are just painted on!
SAM_6429.JPG

The red light i got came in a pack, so if i wanted to, i could interchange the lights and have a green or blue magnum light!
SAM_6431.JPG

Gus really does love his guns! lol
SAM_6433.JPG

All that's left now is painting "The Ex-Wife" and Bachelorette #1. as well as adding velcro to the undersuit and armor pieces, then installing the LED lights. once it's all assembled, i'll post pictures!

Ladies and Gentlemen. may i introduce to you, "The Ex-Wife"

SAM_6436.JPG

The amount of detail Hooty put into the paint job is crazy! lol
SAM_6442.JPG

Like look at this! lol, using a fabric with this design, it looks awesome! and for covenant weapons it would be perfect!
SAM_6441.JPG

Even customized letters!
SAM_6443.JPG

You aint ready for this! lol, the screen looks pretty yucky in this picture, but in person is looks awesome! its not as bright, this pictures nasty! lol
SAM_6439.JPG

There! that looks better! and the flashlight still works (of course) lol
SAM_6445.JPG

and the magazine is still removable! and painted! super smexy!
SAM_6440.JPG

Look at the barrel! i hope con security won't be all like "gtfo that guns 2 real 5 me 2 handel" lol, then out comes the orange ribbon!
SAM_6446.JPG

Now, take the screen, and pry it open
SAM_6448.JPG

Then you can take out the light!
SAM_6449.JPG

I use tin foil to make the light more "everywhere" rather than in one specific spot! (i should add something to secure the light though)
SAM_6451.JPG

Like Bachelorette #2, you can swap out the light for different colors (i'm actually planning to use a more cyan light in the assault rifle, using a button cell battery and an LED, it's a more accurate color)
SAM_6452.JPG

Here's a green one! st patricks day? idk, lol
SAM_6453.JPG

Here's my loadout! WOO! guns! one thing i regret is not having magnets to hold the assault rifle on my back, but the magnum has magnets!, see them compared to the Mcfarlane versions! lol
SAM_6455.JPG

The armor is 100% complete! it looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome! we didn't take picture yet, but when we do i'll post them!

The Calgary Expo is in 2 days! i still have to test walk in my armor! lol

Next project: Spartan Laser! lol, i'll have that ready for the 2016 expo!
SAM_6456.JPG

i'm exhausted from all this building, my fingers are mad from the constant hot gluing, especially my "sacrificial pinky finger" lol

oh ya, i also built this... but i made the pepakura file way to small, so it would only fit a kid
SAM_6457.JPG
HYESSS! lol

Love it. The 'ex-wife' lol everything is still looking fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Complete!! Woooooo

SAM_6473.JPG

Hiding behind a tree!
SAM_6470.JPG

Here's the biggest group we got at the Calgary Expo
DSC01176.JPG

Pac-Man chased me! D :
DSC01231.JPG

Jessica Nigri wanted a picture with me! that's when you know your armors good! : D lol
Jelly Heicho.jpg

I got to try out tons of cool weapons!
SAM_6488.JPG

and Brett Dalton loved my armor! he was surprised to see all the functions on Bachelorette #2!
Skoopa and Dalton.jpg

Thanks for supporting everyone! Next up is the Spartan laser!

HUGE thanks to Hooty for the spectacular paint job! its really what makes the armor look so good!

sorry for a necropost, but nice work, how is your spartan laser going? :D

sorry for a necropost, but nice work, how is your spartan laser going? :D

lol oh man i'm late to reply but i didn't start it yet! D: i did start assembling the pepakura file, but i guess i was to lazy! lol. But i did modify the assault rifle, i should post those pictures!

Cgw-jUSU0AA3aE6.jpg

Here's the assault rifle

Cgw-jg_UcAEUrSt.jpg

Now the top opens!

Cgw-js3U0AEgZV5.jpg

I have magnets glued inside to secure the light!

Cgw-j3zUoAAYflN.jpg

And more magnets to shut it! The light reflects off of tin foil inside and lights the whole thing up, having a constant glow inside! It looks much better then it did last year! plus it's super easy to switch out the lights to different colors, or change the batteries!

Oh i also did this
CgdAWi-UsAUqOdu.jpg

Last year i glued the foot armor onto my shoe, after each day of expo ing i had to repair parts that came loose, i'm thinking this method would work MUCH better. plus it makes me taller!

My next project will probably be a Decimator helmet, then a few new attachments to match the Halo 5 Memories of Reach armor, THEN i think a few Halo 2 BR's are in order, THENNNN the laser! or armor for my sister! lol idk yet!

We also got a 3d printer! and can make some pretty awesome stuff now, my sister made a 99.99% accurate Rey's staff from star wars, and is printing her blaster!

ALSO watch this video!
I worked with a super cool youtuber and helped him make this, It's an analysis of how the Needler works, it's inner functions, and why humans don't understand it! I did all the visuals and wrote most of the script! lol

Cgw-jUSU0AA3aE6.jpg

Cgw-jg_UcAEUrSt.jpg

Cgw-js3U0AEgZV5.jpg

Cgw-j3zUoAAYflN.jpg

CgdAWi-UsAUqOdu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back