Halo Reach Foam Armor Build Suit 1 of 2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks great!

How did you make the neck piece?
It looks really clean.

Thank you ^^ The Neckpiece is made out of Foamies, First i used a big strip and wrapped it so igot a nice curve on the top and glued the lower half together. On this i glued with some little space between the parts foamie strips with 15mm x100mm to get the right effekt. sprayadhesive for clean lines and hot glue to get it sit right on place.

Well, if you had a template that would fit over a boot that's 12.75 inches from front to back, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Yes ofcourse i can upload the Templates i made for my boots. But they are full around the boot, so u may can get some issues about hoe big they will be in the end. And for warning purpose i need to say my boots got crashed on the con. Reason is cause the hotglue didnt stand up for long against the force while you are moving. will upload some pics soon to show you what exactly iam talking about. I now will go for some shell like boots which fit over the actual boot so i can walk on the real and not the foamsole -.-!

thats for now will update little stuff soon. So see ya ^^

This is a very amazing build:) Love it! another thread tempting me to do a reach build!

I like reach spartans more than i do halo 4 and yet i made a halo 4 spartan first... hmmm haha

-Ian

Hi guys and girls there !!

I am very sorry for updating so lately but i got some sort of annoying problems like a complete hardware crash of my pc and had to gain money to get a new one cause the old was dead. Luckily i could manmage to get all my data on the armor and kind like this saved from the old one and finally got my new pc on the status of my old one. So pls forgive me for not showing up for at least 10 weeks or so... sorry to you all now if all went accordingly i hope i am as often as normaly there to see your awesome progress in costume building :)

Wow. Hoping my armor is going to come out great like this.

Thank you. Will see forward to have a look on it

This is a very amazing build:) Love it! another thread tempting me to do a reach build!

I like reach spartans more than i do halo 4 and yet i made a halo 4 spartan first... hmmm haha

-Ian

Im pleased to hear that my build inspired some one :) I planned on making a Halo 4 Spartan as well but i think i will wait for Halo 5 or some similar kinds of Armors from Games. Checked your thread right now and your Armor came out real badass looking man, real great job u did with the blackwash for burning and the metell colors mixed in. Gives the Armor this `real steel` feeling :) loving it

now all you need is to run a mile in it and you'll be ready, one tread mill coming up.

The mile is already done bro ;) but my shoes are also done for it seems :D

Looking very righteous! love the color

Thx for that :) I plan on doing a little more detailed explanation on the paint job , grounding and stuff like that.

So for this i have at least found one Pic of me and my friend on the top of a newspaper :$ yay we are famous now xD no no back to reality. Its a not so popular one. its made at the Gamescom 2014 in Cologne Germany.

10678574_697268520368101_5843836522724544131_n.jpg

This time we were surrounded by so many people and we didnt got the chance to look on any games they were presenting. Real funny was the topic that we searched for bungie to take alook on the praised Destiny which was planned for the next build. So 2 Spartans running through the halls and shouting to people`we need to find the bungie staff` ^^ Thats just the perfect clichee i guess ...
I also found some videos were we showing off plus you can see some sort of other Cosplays too.

Time 55s

Time 2:15 and you can see us without Helmets so remember the cruel face of mine i will return :lol

Time 5:40 to 6:00 (Yeah i got seriosly problems all the time with my fckn glasses :wacko)

So thats it for today and hopefully i can post some more pics of the suit and get my friend to update his thread also (hes not that familiar with english so i have to translate it for him and write t down on his thread)
I will update some others of my Projects i did in the meantime. Nothing big but if i can share it with you it makes me happy so til then cya folks V^^V

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent craftsmanship!
Everything came out really clean, good job. I'm at the painting stage for my suit, if I can get anywhere close to the finish you achieved then I'd be happy, haha

This is incredible! Now pardon me if you answered this already but those knee plates look like they have the super metroid stylized S on them.... do my eyes deceive me???

that's right you're a mean Spartan and everyone knows it. oh a vampy and please tell me you have a power drain to carry around with you; yeah I seen it too she can do screw attacks all day all night long.

Excellent craftsmanship!
Everything came out really clean, good job. I'm at the painting stage for my suit, if I can get anywhere close to the finish you achieved then I'd be happy, haha

Thank you buddy, if u need some advise or help for painting feelfree to ask. and i m sure you will achieve it :)

This is incredible! Now pardon me if you answered this already but those knee plates look like they have the super metroid stylized S on them.... do my eyes deceive me???

Your words push me forward Vampy and yes i did mentioned it but dont worry ^^ you saw quite right this is the s of metroid cause i am a huge fan of this series. Already tried a million times to convience my girlfriend to wear the varia suit if i would build it for her but she wont T.T . If u have the time you will find the post were i mentioned it, think it was on page 2

that's right you're a mean Spartan and everyone knows it. oh a vampy and please tell me you have a power drain to carry around with you; yeah I seen it too she can do screw attacks all day all night long.

Haha i wished i could see a REAL screw Attacke from someone in a Metroid Suit XD

For now i will bring up the files i made for my boots so if u want to use them herte they are.

Boots part 1 002.jpg

Boots part 1 003.jpg

Boots part 1 004.jpg

For measuring the whole boots length is 31cm or 12 inches. The start has to be the sole of your foot and add slightly 3-5 mm to it. Also the boot will be much bigger when you go with boots inside as i did. Also keep in mind i actually needed 3 times to hit the right measurment. If there are any questions you have i hope ican answer them as soon as possible. So happy building ! :)

NOTE: Here you have a step by step for the boots and where which pies goes how often. Contact me if anything needs proper explenations.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.674618939299584&type=1

Hi there i finally got time to post some stuff.
Here are Just some pics from the latest Con i went to.
Finally got my lights all up and Suit are now 100% done. Maybe a new Helmet or a Knife / Weapon will be added but for now its done and i can get up to my new Projekt. Will let you all know when i get startet with this :D
So enjoy dudes and dudeens ^^

Manga-Comic Covention Leipzig / Germany

View attachment 9846
View attachment 9847
View attachment 9848
View attachment 9849

Everything is looking fantastic. I like the choice of blue you used. And I love the commando left shoulder. Good job

great build and really nice paint

Glad you like it,

Everything is looking fantastic. I like the choice of blue you used. And I love the commando left shoulder. Good job

Still my Weapon is missing but even without one i am happy how it finally came out in additon with the ligths.
For the C-Shoulder i didnt find any file i was ok with to use, so i did it myself from scratch. If someone is interested i got the patterns right by my side ^^

I found some pics i took before the Con from the Lights and the bracer shells.

4 white LED for the Helmet powered witth a 9V battery and
on the inside of the Vents 2 Ventilators to stop the fogging on the visor.
DSCI2787.JPG

quick test of ther Front Torso lights
DSCI2803.JPG

2 LED for the Biceps
DSCI2785.JPG

4Leds for the Thights
DSCI2784.JPG

24hour test for the completed lights
DSCI2781.JPG

Bracer with shells.
DSCI2804.JPGDSCI2800.JPG

At least all is about 99% finished now. Just to add more Comfort i will make some cliper for the torso cause its a pain in the ass to get out of it. Will Update if this gots fixed sooner or later.
So thanks to all who stayed with me the whole time and all of your comments which pushed me everytime again to make it to the goal. Yes we did it and if u want your own Set of armor go and make it happen
just like me and many others in the 405th. Always remember Reach were it all started.

Now its Time to get onto another Set of Armor. Maybe something with big Monsters you have to hunt and make Armors with those parts you cut out or something like that.
I guess i would name it Monster Hunter :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back