Soft Parts Halo Reach Ghillie Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montique

So I'm working on an arctic style spartan from halo reach, and the chest piece I want to use is the Tactical/Patrol configuration. The problem is the ghillie hood that goes over the upper chest. Does anyone know how to make/buy a hood like that? I need it in in white/grey/black to match the arctic style I'm going for. (I'm putting arctic camo paint on my actual armor the one in the picture is just pure white).
IMG_1610.JPG

I believe it's more of a scarf, they're pretty long and can kind of be used as a hoodie/balaclava.

Amazon.com : LOOGU Camouflage Netting, Tactical Mesh Net Camo Scarf for Wargame, Sports & Other Outdoor Activities : Gateway
Thing is, I thought that too so I tried rapping a shemagh (scarf thing similar to what you showed me) around the chest but I can't figure out a way to rap it in a way that looks right which led me to think it was a hood or really small poncho thing.

Usually things like this are made from Burlap or another material like scrim/camouflage netting or a mixture of the two. You can buy skrim and burlap usually at local Military Surplus stores. I'd say if you get the scrim you could rough it up a little bit and actually attach/glue it to the armor pieces so that it doesn't flop around or come undone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back