Halo Reach Mrk V [B] COMPLETED w/Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turgid Sturgeon

Hey guys, It's been way too long since I've been to this site, but today I have decided to share with you the fruits of my labor. Way back in the summer I began working on a blue Mark V , starting with Rundown's Noble Six helmet pep. I finished it in September for Reach's launch, but have been so swamped with school (and REACH!) that I haven't posted the finished work yet! So here's all of my pictures, and a brief description of the process I used.

155048_470059801027_547376027_5787746_2075938_n.jpg

Here it is after almost all of my painting but before black wash and brush metal.

162974_470059661027_547376027_5787741_2771828_n.jpg

And there's the finished product! I loved the thought of a silver visor in Reach, so I used one!

163131_470059636027_547376027_5787740_8150705_n.jpg

163636_470059726027_547376027_5787744_1503782_n.jpg

I went with a cardstock pep, then put fiberglass resin on the outside. After that, I cut out the visor, and filled the inside with Smooth on 320 liquid plastic, the entire contents of one of their "sample" packs. Then I sanded and detailed, followed by a whole lot of sanding primer. Once the whole thing was smooth from primer sanding, I went through a lot of painters tape on getting the multicolor design. My favorite part was at the end, when I black washed it with primer and used a brush for the brushed metal. All of this was done using tuts from this site, so thank you guys for posting them! Now I want to go back to my Anthony Carmine helmet and finish that one for Gears 3!

Well done sir! From the last pic I take it the visor didnt seat completely flush with the helms front? Also your attachment for the visor was it a silicone or mechanical attachment?

Actually, the visor isn't attached at all! I tried silicone, but I could never get it flushed, and I haven't tried the screws yet, but the visor itself fits within the the grooves in the helmets design, so it actually looks natural even though the only thing holding the visor in is the force of the visor trying to expand and those rectangular grooves that say UNSC. The edges fit right in there.

Looks good man...I'm working on the same helmet right now I finished pepping but I can't resin it in my barracks so I have to wait til my vacation starts next week. What visor did you use because I have been trying to figure out which one to buy for mine?

I love it! It looks really good! quick question though... How do you get the battle worn look to the helmet? (like the scratches on the helm)

I love it! It looks really good! quick question though... How do you get the battle worn look to the helmet? (like the scratches on the helm)
The technique is in one of the painting tuts, but basically I sprayed metallic silver spraypaint on a 2 inch brush and brushed the details on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back