Halo Reach Multiplay - Zealot

Status
Not open for further replies.

leegrisham

While I like this map in concept and design the way players use it has moved me to hating it.

Has anyone else experienced the grief of playing this map and as soon as the opposing team gets even the smallest lead they go up to the space area of the map?

This is very frustratingbecause once there it is nearly impossible to remove them because once you exit the man lift you fly slowly in a very predictable pattern and you are easily picked off by the opposing team.

I find this to be a very cheap tactic and do not do it personally and I doubt very seriously bungie will or can do anything about it.

I'd like your opinions and if you have any suggestions on how to combat this stratagey besides voting against the map (which I always do now).

It's kind of annoying but it also gives you the challenge of beating them another way at it, there are tricks like just getting your team to get them all at once so they would be confused with knowing which one to go for. I really don't like that map for that reason I have to agree with you there I usually stick to Spire and get to the top of the Spire with a Sniper rifle in hand.

Bungie is very aware of the problem and one of them (urk or sketch) has said they're discussing fixes. They haven't said anything about when but people are guessing it may be implemented in their first playlist update, which is due the first week of Oct.

The only strategy I've seen anyone say worked was to gang up with the rest of your team (if in team play) very early in the game and try to kill just one of the campers. Then make your way back down inside and guard the lifts. The player you killed will always spawn inside and probably try to make his/ her way back topside. Kill repeatedly before they can get back outside. Their other teammates will either have to come down to help that player out or your team wins by killing one person over and over.

Same problem for me:( I played team doubles arena and got owned every time I got up there! They all had dmrs and just shot me every time. I find that map the worst map ever put in a halo game!

it's been one of the mps I get stuck with most of the time. I'm not a fan of it but suprisingly I've never encountered this problem. I've read about it and is the type of thing that would turn me into cannon fodder... Glad to hear Bungie is discussing ways to fix it, Unlike another game developer I know of lol

Good replys:

@Nintendude sniping from the top of spire is impressive.

@Ruze789 I had looked on bungies forums but didn't see any posts about it so I didn't know if they were even acknowldeging it. That gang up and gaurd the portals would work for 4v4 if you could kill one or two in one trip and then captilize down low, but there again once they get the lead they always zip right back up. but in @Jicos case that wouldn't work because 2 people can't gaurd 4 portals

I really hope they do something about it because I really like the map except that aspect.

A couple of things they could do is 1) add gravity there 2) add power weapons, except that when u go up top and die the camping team will then have alot of power 3) make the shield to where you can fire up at them 4) remove the space area all together.

Ive never epeienced this problem and this is atcually the first Ive heard of it. When I usually play there my team and I usually stick as a pack and assit one another most of the times and so that way none of this stuff happens :)

The only time I have any problem is when I'm playing Infection. And even then the zombies all just wait and go up the lifts at the same time and rush the campers and we usually get them.

Most matches I play on Zealot people rarely go up there, especially on free-for-all (not counting infection). I like going up there and just watching people, then dropping down and assassinating people, then quickly going back up.

I say they make it so that when you are up there you slowly lose sheilds/life and then will die if up there for to long.
just make sure its not to fast of life loss so that the space part can still be used, problem solved.

Speaking of that, on Overlook there's one little nook right in the centre of the map that says return to battlefield, which doesn't make sense since I'm standing on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back