1st Build Halo Reach Noble 6 Build ( I think ? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfsParadise5

As the title suggest , i may finally start on a full build of noble 6 , top to bottom while i find the right time to travel back to fiberglass one of the halo warrior pep model i made months ago ( time management didnt go too well last year lol ) .

So , the parts would be ( from Halo Reach ) :
Helmet - Mark V
Bicep , Boot , Chest , Forearm , Glove, Shin, Shoulder, Thigh, Waist - Mark V

Now to build the pdfs ( hopefully to get the a3 prints out next week ) and start the build :D
20200106_015607.jpg

Beginning with this full build which will take a long time ( university tests intensifies ) , i began tracing and cutting the pieces and ..... i think ill let the pictures speak for itself

20200103_032058.jpg

20200103_043651.jpg

P.S : Yeah thats not all the pieces , ended up cutting more later

And the finished product ( still working on the cutting skills eventho its better than the mkvi chestplate i made two months ago that only completed one side ) :)

20200106_013921.jpg

20200106_013924.jpg
20200106_013930.jpg
20200106_013937.jpg

I think I did that back cut wrongly , probably gonna use a metal buckle and an old small waist belt .

Anyways thats all for progress for now , gonna make it as weekly as possible so i dont astray to something time wasting .

Last edited:
As the title suggest , i may finally start on a full build of noble 6 , top to bottom while i find the right time to travel back to fiberglass one of the halo warrior pep model i made months ago ( time management didnt go too well last year lol ) .

So , the parts would be ( from Halo Reach ) :
Helmet - Mark V
Bicep , Boot , Chest , Forearm , Glove, Shin, Shoulder, Thigh, Waist - Mark V

Now to build the pdfs ( hopefully to get the a3 prints out next week ) and start the build :D
View attachment 282641
Beginning with this full build which will take a long time ( university tests intensifies ) , i began tracing and cutting the pieces and ..... i think ill let the pictures speak for itself

View attachment 282635
View attachment 282636

P.S : Yeah thats not all the pieces , ended up cutting more later

And the finished product ( still working on the cutting skills eventho its better than the mkvi chestplate i made two months ago that only completed one side ) :)

View attachment 282637
View attachment 282638View attachment 282639View attachment 282640

I think I did that back cut wrongly , probably gonna use a metal buckle and an old small waist belt .

Anyways thats all for progress for now , gonna make it as weekly as possible so i dont astray to something time wasting .
from what i see the back should be one large piece?

Attachments

• h.PNG
    h.PNG
    99.4 KB · Views: 216
Looks good.....you do need to work on your cuts a bit......in order to get cleaner cuts you need to make sure your blade is sharp. That is why you are getting those hard looking edges and tear outs along the seams.
also if your blade is a sharper angle (closer to straight up and down) it tears more, keep that in mind as well as the sharpness of your blade

F884129C-A2FC-412B-92C0-A10FF7E67806.jpeg

4E3E5992-4C83-4A21-A194-2C68F2AEEEC8.jpeg
AD0F45B6-AC26-48EF-949C-26BC08A0A7EB.jpeg
45EFF0C2-583E-4123-A60A-79631B9E7968.jpeg

I agree on that , the new blades ordered online came back too small so i ended up digging bookstores and found the right ones

But damn i probably shouldve waited for the new blades to come before i proceed , in the meantime , i probably might invest on more better alternatives or at least focus on better cuts. Tho I think its best that i focus more on the cuts for the next week since i have three other tests to focus on for the week as well , and then continue on with the chestplate .

Thanks for the suggestion guys, while this may look like little improvements and many failed pieces , I still think I do better learning from failed pieces , redoing a couple of times again maybe and try to get proper equipment from time to time with as much research as possible . Its going to be a thick learning curve and a thick learning curve I will go for the sake of better suit :D

Ok thats all. Time for actual work:lol:

P.S : This is 17% larger and can fit without cutting the back flat piece , a lil tight but it does the job

Another week has by so here is another week of updates :lol: .

This week tbh is not much due to multiple tests but i try to slide in a lil bit of progress and eva foam practice cuts .

So first things first , I have slowly began construction of the chestplate , kinda made two so i can practice cut on one then proceed to the second ( waste of resources tho but eh ) , so far i only connected three pieces for each chestplate ( lol ) .
20200119_031113.jpg

Now thats done , moving on to the second thing , helmet .

I have transitioned plans from foam building to 3D printing ( my sister actually talked me into this since she has one ) . So I grabbed the noble 6 helmet model from MoeSizzlac and sent it off to her for 3d printing .

IMG-20200117-WA0007.jpg

So it turns out the helmet is just a teeny tiny too big and the long term printing may cause a deteoration in print quality ( at least of what ive heard , im a noob in this stuff sry ) .

So the helmet is going to be split into two in a weird way and be sent off to the printer
IMG-20200117-WA0009.jpg

Okay thats all for now , gotta update again next week ( trying too not get too off from this cool suit )

Last edited:
So the helmet is going to be split into two in a weird way and be sent off to the printer
View attachment 283310
Okay thats all for now , gotta update again next week ( trying too not get too off from this cool suit )
That's not the weirdest helmet split I've seen. I often do a half split like this as well since it makes alignment of the halves easy since the base of a print usually has the best dimensional accuracy unless you have lifting. The one downside of printing like this is it eats up a lot of support material but it more than makes up with how much less sanding and cleanup you need to do later on.

View attachment 282920

View attachment 282922View attachment 282923View attachment 282924
I agree on that , the new blades ordered online came back too small so i ended up digging bookstores and found the right ones

But damn i probably shouldve waited for the new blades to come before i proceed , in the meantime , i probably might invest on more better alternatives or at least focus on better cuts. Tho I think its best that i focus more on the cuts for the next week since i have three other tests to focus on for the week as well , and then continue on with the chestplate .

Thanks for the suggestion guys, while this may look like little improvements and many failed pieces , I still think I do better learning from failed pieces , redoing a couple of times again maybe and try to get proper equipment from time to time with as much research as possible . Its going to be a thick learning curve and a thick learning curve I will go for the sake of better suit :D

Ok thats all. Time for actual work:lol:

P.S : This is 17% larger and can fit without cutting the back flat piece , a lil tight but it does the job
I’d like to also recommend buying a dremel! This can help get rid of jagged edges and torn foam. If there are gaps in between armor when glueing your pieces, you can also get Latex Filler! This can fill in any holes in the foam and also fill the gaps to make the seam look cleaner when the armor is painted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back