Halo: Reach Noble 6 Custom Spartan Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexHunter53

Hi guys,
So I'm sorta new here but i have done a halo cosplay before with my Halo Reach ODST using Andrew DFT's templates and tutorials. My next Halo cosplay is planned to be my custom Noble 6.

Helmet: EOD AU/HUL
Chest: HP/HALO
Shoulders: UA/MULTI THREAT
Wrist: DEFAULT
Knee guards: FJ/PARA

I'm still sorta beginning with cosplay but I'm always looking at new methods.

If anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Dinoboy90plays_HaloReach_20171218_00-06-43.png
    Dinoboy90plays_HaloReach_20171218_00-06-43.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Hey ApexHunter53. There are several thing that come to mind to guide you, but a lot of them depend on what material you are going to use. So the best advise I could give you is be patient. This is a commitment to build something like this. You aren't going to finish in a weekend. People take months.....years even to complete their build. So be patient. It may seem like 0 progress has been made, in your mind, but take things on a piece at a time. Pace yourself and don't get discouraged. After a while things will seem to fly together that you might find yourself thinking "I'm going too fast"......Also, don't compare. Your build, is your build....not somebody else's. You might see something on another suit that you missed or just can't replicate....don't worry. If you want to go back and do it...that's fine, but don't berate yourself for not having/doing it. That is a slippery slop down to abandonment of the build. Thinking that your build isn't good enough, or it doesn't look like so-in-so's build which is so good it looks like it came out of the video game itself.......but that's the trick........it took time to get to look that way.....the time you put in to something, reflects on your work just like a rushed job look like....rush job. It shows. There are plenty of people here that will give you great advise and tips on how to do and what to do and what to use.........it really come down to you.....what you want to do, how you want to do it and what you want to use to make it. but the best thing to do is start at the beginning. Here is a tutorial guide by PerniciousDuke, that could lead you to just about everything you need to decide on how and what to build with. After that, check out some YouTube videos on building armor. After that do some reading and research on how to build.......now, after all of that.......the only thing left to do is, build the dam thing.....and believe me when I say, plenty of people will help you when the time comes.....advise here is free. Just ask for help when needed.

I'm new as well, and just finishing up my first "proper" suit this next week or two. My advice may not be as useful as others with more experience, but I personally enjoy freehanding my work. I went through the work of printing out some pepakura files, scaling them, and building them (if you don't know what those are, just follow the 'welcome to 405th articles'). However, when it came time to actually build it I used the pepakura mostly for visual understanding, and then I designed a process for each piece in my head and built it by hand. Personally, I get more satisfaction this way, as it's more fun and feels less like work, and I feel like it's more of my own than my own copy of someone's model. My progress post is here, and if you want I can give you a list of the materials I used (after I get off work though... I'm uh... on break atm).

After I finish my suit I plan on writing up my own tutorial/documentation on how I did it (I've taken well over a hundred photos and many GBs of video) along with a complete supplies list (apparently those are hard to find). I'll also be making an iron-man esque montage featuring AC~DC.

Last edited:
I'm new as well, and just finishing up my first "proper" suit this next week or two. My advice may not be as useful as others with more experience, but I personally enjoy freehanding my work. I went through the work of printing out some pepakura files, scaling them, and building them (if you don't know what those are, just follow the 'welcome to 405th articles'). However, when it came time to actually build it I used the pepakura mostly for visual understanding, and then I designed a process for each piece in my head and built it by hand. Personally, I get more satisfaction this way, as it's more fun and feels less like work, and I feel like it's more of my own than my own copy of someone's model. My progress post is here, and if you want I can give you a list of the materials I used (after I get off work though... I'm uh... on break atm).

After I finish my suit I plan on writing up my own tutorial/documentation on how I did it (I've taken well over a hundred photos and many GBs of video) along with a complete supplies list (apparently those are hard to find). I'll also be making an iron-man esque montage featuring AC~DC.
Cheers mate, And yeah, Free hand is so much more fun

Hey ApexHunter53. There are several thing that come to mind to guide you, but a lot of them depend on what material you are going to use. So the best advise I could give you is be patient. This is a commitment to build something like this. You aren't going to finish in a weekend. People take months.....years even to complete their build. So be patient. It may seem like 0 progress has been made, in your mind, but take things on a piece at a time. Pace yourself and don't get discouraged. After a while things will seem to fly together that you might find yourself thinking "I'm going too fast"......Also, don't compare. Your build, is your build....not somebody else's. You might see something on another suit that you missed or just can't replicate....don't worry. If you want to go back and do it...that's fine, but don't berate yourself for not having/doing it. That is a slippery slop down to abandonment of the build. Thinking that your build isn't good enough, or it doesn't look like so-in-so's build which is so good it looks like it came out of the video game itself.......but that's the trick........it took time to get to look that way.....the time you put in to something, reflects on your work just like a rushed job look like....rush job. It shows. There are plenty of people here that will give you great advise and tips on how to do and what to do and what to use.........it really come down to you.....what you want to do, how you want to do it and what you want to use to make it. but the best thing to do is start at the beginning. Here is a tutorial guide by PerniciousDuke, that could lead you to just about everything you need to decide on how and what to build with. After that, check out some YouTube videos on building armor. After that do some reading and research on how to build.......now, after all of that.......the only thing left to do is, build the dam thing.....and believe me when I say, plenty of people will help you when the time comes.....advise here is free. Just ask for help when needed.
Thank you so much. i will definitely be taking my time with this costume as he is my favourite character next to my Destiny 1 hunter (also another build i have in mind).

My advice if you're using foam is to have as many different thicknesses on hand as possible. I only had 1/2 inch for my whole suit which "worked" but some portions had to be thinner so I'd cut it in half. Much less work to have 1/4 inch on hand.

My advice if you're using foam is to have as many different thicknesses on hand as possible.
I'm gonna second this. I bought a ton of 1/2 in, and that's all I have. I agree 'it works', but theres definitely multiple times where it would've been great to have another thickness. This is one way I plan to improve my suit down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back