Halo Reach Patch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaspyOrangutan

Hay, long time no post, I've been busy.

Anywhoo, I'm thinking about attaching some Velcro strips to the back of my Reach Spartan arm patch, so that I can stick it on both my lighter and heaver jackets for when the weather turns. However I don't want to sew the Velcro on since as I said, it's in strips and would ruin the patch what with stitching with going up and down the middle of it. What I'm think is using either some epoxy resin adhesive or some hot melt glue to stick the strips on. What I want to know is whether this would be safe to do without ruining the patch still, so I was wondering if anyone has tried anything like this already. Also I'm not sure if the plastic backing is simply there to protect the back, or to cover a self adhesive pad.

Some velcro has industrial grade adhesive on the back, and believe me, it is strong. Stick it to the back of the patch, and then use the opposite piece on your item of choice, and you're good to go! The adhesive doesn't work on fabric though, so you'd need to buy a non-adhesive kind and sew it onto the item your velcro-ing the patch to. I always get my velcro at Wal-Mart.

Some velcro has industrial grade adhesive on the back, and believe me, it is strong. Stick it to the back of the patch, and then use the opposite piece on your item of choice, and you're good to go! The adhesive doesn't work on fabric though, so you'd need to buy a non-adhesive kind and sew it onto the item your velcro-ing the patch to. I always get my velcro at Wal-Mart.

I've already got some velcro, but it's not that strong. However I think it should work with some Araldite and I think that will work. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back