Halo: Reach Recon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightGliderX

Finaly finished pepping my recon helmet and have just giving the top half a coating of PVA.

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Im hoping to build a full set of halo reach armour if my methods work on the helmet.
Now that all my exams are over i have alot more free time!
Negative and positive feedback about the project welcome, always open to advice and ideas from other members:D

That is not a Reach Recon helmet, no one that I know of has made one...
Its just the smoothed Belkor helmet by Macattack...
Unless when
the game comes out you modify it to the new quirks of Reach's...
Check my recon in progress...l
V

Yes your correct, i should of said that in the 1st post.
I am just customizing the helmet as i build it but im building Reach armour if my methods of building the helmet work out

I'm doing the same thing with the Mk. VI Reconz helmet and Mk V... everything else:confused I'm not going to fiberglass mine, it's going straight from pep to paint. It's just a 'dry run' so to speak, so it's not meant to last. Yours looks very nice; very clean. I'll check back here, keep up the good work;)

when you made this y didnt you keep the part that extended inside the visor

I didnt see a point in keeping it, but looking at other builds i think it might have been useful to keep it :p

It's a nice job. The pep is very good :)

Thanks! I was hoping it came out looking atleast decent :)

Quick update:
Due to weather conditions, lovely and sunny everyday to rain everyday XD, progress has slowed, however, weather is geting better each day and have done some more PVA-ing inside and found some multi-surface cleaning wipes that when dry are very fibered and hopefuly will work, fingers crossed.

Quick update:
Due to weather conditions, lovely and sunny everyday to rain everyday XD, progress has slowed, however, weather is geting better each day and have done some more PVA-ing inside and found some multi-surface cleaning wipes that when dry are very fibered and hopefuly will work, fingers crossed.

Do you live in California? Cause I've been trying to work but its starts to get windy, rainy, and cloudy....
Yesterday we had thunder!!! In the summer!

@Roxastheman

it's not supposed to have the extended thing mabobs...but if you want a shield for the eye area can can have it but it would be impossible to fit a visor in

Update:

Work is still going on, the recon helmet has had some paper mache done to it but im waiting for some more pva to finish it.
Meanwhile i have been busy building 2 extra things for the reach build.
Im going on holiday with a few friends tomorow and will be back on monday (13th - 16th) and will get the pictures up when im back!

Here are the other items ive been working on for the reach build.

ODST Back Pack:
DSC00126.jpg

Reach Torso:
DSC00127.jpg

Better pics will be up soon once its finaly sunny outside. Still waiting for some PVA but should be getting them sometime after tuseday (My school results day 0.o)

ore you paper mache-ing the inside?

Im guna paper mache all over, 1-2 layes of fibery multi surface wipes + pva and 1-2 newpaper + pva on the inside, then 1-3 lays of news paper + pva on out side with sanding in between. thats my plan, it seems pretty strong. im going to do a carter-ish paint scheme to it.

Update: (Long awaited)

Reach Torso Front
DSC00131.jpg

Reach Torso Back
DSC00132.jpg

Its abwt 99.9% pepped and im adding foam core board to it for strenght. Still waiting to get some PVA, got a shed load of news paper just waiting to be used. Progress might be slowed down due to school starting last tuesday, 6th form homework is guna be a drag..

Well..very nice pep work thus far. Looking forward to seeing more. Question for you though. Was doing the chest and back , easier then doing a helmet? I've been wondering.

Well..very nice pep work thus far. Looking forward to seeing more. Question for you though. Was doing the chest and back , easier then doing a helmet? I've been wondering.

Thats a good question :) Personaly i found doing the chest easier. The chest has loads of big pieces and is open (holes for the arms, neck and waist). The helmet can be tricky to do at some points because theres 1, 2 if you dont pep with the visor, openings (the neck).

Hope that answers it :D

Awesome! I will be following this;) Are you planing on makeing the attachments too?^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back