Halo Reach security armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merandil

Hey guys,

this is my first encounter with pepakura. I've been drooling at every real spartan armor pic for ages and a few days ago i decided not to drool any longer but to start building my own suit of armor :D

As a noob i started viewing a few youtube vids, downloaded pepakura designer, and started cutting and glueing like a mad man.

I started with the helmet, because that was the first file i encounterd. Now that i'm done i think of redoing it when i'm done peping the rest of the suit, because i used way to much hotglue and because of that it is warping in some places.

After i finished the helmet i started searching for more files and stumbled upon the 405th. So i registerd and was waiting aproval... but as restless as i can be sometimes a couldn't wait with buidling the next piece, so before i decieded what kind of armor it was going to be i found the armor wiki and downloaded the pep file for the testarmor of halo wars.
Learing from my mistakes with the helmet this build i was using a lot less glue and it came out a lot more to my liking. But when i tried to put it on it fitted perfecly except for 1 thing, I couldn't bring my hands together in front of my chest. I started a little research and found out that on al the pics of halo wars spartans the chest was indeed as insanly wide as my test piece. So i had to come up with a plan.
My plan is to build my character of halo reach... my own Noble 6.
migumf.png

So back on the internet again and here on the 405th i stumbled upon L3X BLU3R1V3R. He has been an amazing help so far and even got my account verified by walter. He pointed me in the right direction and even sended me the newest version of his Male Mark V Mjolnir Torso Armor (V4) :cool

I will post as soon as i've got the chestpiece glued together.
Here some pictures of what i've made so far (tips, tricks and ofcourse comment is welcome):

Halo Reach helmet:
1z3rxjs.jpg

11mccnt.jpg

Halo wars test chest:
n1sb46.jpg

25zjtcm.jpg

PS: Does anyone know of a way to get my screenshot pics from reach of my xbox using fileshare, without having to pay for a special bungie account?:confused
*already found the anwser to this question, it isn't bungie anymore but 343... there you can download your screenshots for free.*

A new day, a new post :p

@ Spartan IV, thanks for the link. Got the same link from L3X in a PM last night. What an amazing database :D

just finished cutting the Mark V (V4) armor and sorted al the pieces...
the tiny bits are packed away roughly cut, i get then out of the bag as soon as i need then so that they don't get roughed up by their bigger brothers.

2hyfgx0.jpg

Glue time :D

5xpdmg.jpg

Spartan Merandil Out!

After having a little setback with the torso, which turned out to be way to small during the build, I started on the forarm pieces. While i am still a little fed up over the torso i am pleased with the result sofar, so i can't wait to build one with the right size. For now, here are some pics of the forarms:
flajgj.jpg

In comprison to my helmet (not sure about the scaling of my helmet, the forarm pieces fit perfectly):
2zjfkwp.jpg

Spartan Merandil Out!

This build looks really promising, and I like you're overall choice of armor pieces. The forearms are looking really nice and the progress is noticeable between different pieces

Your helmet looks perfect! The forearms are looking sweet too. Sorry about the scaling issue with the chest. It is part of the game, though. Looking forward to more. :)

Hey guys and gals,

thanks foy the comforting words... they really keep me pushing it.

Now that I put he chest on hold for a moment i'm making good progress on the smaller pieces.
Today ivé finished the Tacpad and the first Upperarm piece (some may call it shoulder, but that piece has to come on top of this one).
I also scored a wetsuit for a base layer for my undersuit. (the chest shown is the wrong "halo wars" chest, not gonna use this one)
n6289f.jpg

The tacpad will be filled with a lot of knobs and switches as i will be running al my electronics from here (fanspeed, flashlights, armor lighting, sound control). Ialso want to intergrade a smartphone into the screen section. From here i can listen to music, make phonecalls (headset intergraded in the helmet) and have the real battle stats shown.
9thhec.jpg

I'm not sure about the scaling of the upperarm part. Length seems to be alright, but it seems way to wide for my tiny muscle lacking arms.
2qcmjhu.jpg

Comments and advice is welcome.

Spartan Merandil Out!

If you look at my thread you would be able to see that I have had very much the same problem with the bicep pieces as you have had. I am by no means muscular. Finnaly after remaking the piece three different times I found if I set the height to 210 the biceps would be big enough to accommodate minimal padding with out having to spend hours in the gym to bulk up my arms.

+1 to your choices of armor. Your pep work is so precise, angles on the bicep look awesome. Will be watching for more.

If you look at my thread you would be able to see that I have had very much the same problem with the bicep pieces as you have had. I am by no means muscular. Finnaly after remaking the piece three different times I found if I set the height to 210 the biceps would be big enough to accommodate minimal padding with out having to spend hours in the gym to bulk up my arms.

What are your overal measurements? i'm 181cm in height myself. I still have another biceps from a different modeller printed out and ready for pepping, so first i'm building that and then i'm going to decide which i like best, then maybe rescale the one of choice.

Did you also use the file of McClain? If so, did you also notice that al the dashed and dashed/dotted lines are swapped. I found out after i put half of it together and i had to reprint and recut almost everything. :(

This is the file for the bicep I used, Reach Shoulder2 unfolded by BMcClain. I will post picture of my finnaly one some time this week end, for now though here are the sizes I have used. Height: 210 Width: 168 Depth: 149 . I hope this can help.

Update time,

done with the second option for the shoulder. This is a totaly different file as the one from BMcClain.
Both have their pros and cons making it really hard to decide. At this moment i plan on building them both again but in a different scale. The BMcClain file i will remake but smaller (a lot smaller) and the other file i will remake but a tiny bit larger. Then i think i can compare the 2 and make a propper decision.

@ SpartanIV, thanks for the measurements. Only thing i would like to know (for refference) is how tall you are... I think i will make my Biceps smaller, but not that small. Mayby something in between.

Here are some pictures for comparison. Please let me know what you think people.
2mnhch0.jpg

I like the detailing of the BMcClain file, but i like the overal shape of the other file more...
1pjfpd.jpg

BTW, is there a way to resize a pep file just in the width of depth not changing the hight???

Spartan Merandil Out!

When you first do up the bicep it looks big and bulky. It's ok....that's the way it should be. When you add the under-suit, it will fill it out nicely. I would tell you to go with the HD file as well, it will save you allot of work later. L3X has allot of the best HD files linked from his page. Link --> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33480-L3X-s-File-Database.

Well I hope that helps you, and I'm looking forward to seeing your build come together.:cool

When you first do up the bicep it looks big and bulky. It's ok....that's the way it should be. When you add the under-suit, it will fill it out nicely. I would tell you to go with the HD file as well, it will save you allot of work later. L3X has allot of the best HD files linked from his page. Link --> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33480-L3X-s-File-Database.

Well I hope that helps you, and I'm looking forward to seeing your build come together.:cool

Thanks for the heads up, love your armor btw.
But i think there is a difference between bulky and huge. I can fit in the biceps with both my arms at the same time :p

I'm redoing the detailed biceps (BMcClain file). I checked my ingame char using 2 controllers in forge mode. The main body of the biceps goes from the innercorner of your elbow (when you bend your arm) and extends to the armpit. Measuring this by myself i come to 17cm. Measuring the pep object its 20,5. So i have to rescale my build file by 0,829. Meaning the hight will go from 280mm to 232mm.

Printing as we speak. should have an update later this day or tomorrow. :D

Spartan Merandil Out!

As promised the update with the photo. Test fitted the new Biceps and this is much more the size i was looking for. Still a bit spartan bulky, but not as big that i can fit both my arms at the same time in one biceps. :D

Had hoped that i could post this yesterday, but got cought in a game of halo 4 and when i found out that there where new episodes of spartan ops.... well, lets say i couldn't find the powerswitch of my 360 :p
This morning to find out that there where even newer episodes added while i took a quick nap, yay. But still, here is the result:

Old one on the left, new one on the right (forarms are the same)

5xq2dy.jpg

Spanrtan Merandil Out!

I am about 5' 11' but I am a runner so I am pretty scrawny. that's why I gave you such a small bicep size. That new bicep looks a lot better and probably fits just as well.

I am about 5' 11' but I am a runner so I am pretty scrawny. that's why I gave you such a small bicep size. That new bicep looks a lot better and probably fits just as well.

i'm also 5' 11' and i think from the pictures you posted of your own suit we are pretty much the same build. I would like my spartan to be a little bit more musculer than myself. So the fact that it isn't a snog fit, but needs some padding is only an advantage. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back