Halo Reach Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoL Rizzo

In wanting to do more for the halo reach midnight release at my store, i decided to make the Reach sword cause its bad ass.

sword.jpg

hilt.jpg

Photo0183.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

Photo0185.jpg

Photo0186.jpg

Photo0187.jpg

Photo0189.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

I finished the other side of the hanlde just waiting for it to dry (model magic) also trying to figure out how to paint it since i suck at painting. Its made from foamcore so its somewhat sturdy & light but its fragile. I made most of it in a few hours and i dont have time to do pep work. Its about 4ft long, halo wiki said they were, I wanted real size but this thing is HUGE.

looking sweet, what did you usee to shape it with? Looks like foam, but could be a giant marshallow for all I know. Can't wait to see it finished.

The color/painting is the only thing that is getting me worried. Going to prime grey, Then purple first, dark blue lightly, light blue the edges so they look raised to give some 3d effect, then lightly lightly spray white on tips to get glow & energy effect. gona teast on extra board to see if it works.

The hilt is this stuff
http://www.crayola.com/products/splash/model_magic/

Its easily shaped, which im doing soon next.

Colored. Base is gona be deep blue, with purple, white, and light blue. Then white will be on the tips and near handle for glow effect. im hoping it will come out good im using spray paint. The hilt is not gona have any detail, just basic black & silver. Seeing my schedule with work im not gona be able to paint till monday.

Hope you have some good spray paint skills :) Air brushing it would've had tremendous effects. If you ran into my GameStop, I'd attempt to tackle you, and proceed to kill you with it. Looks really good. Can't wait for it to be finished. Is it flexible or sturdy enough to be handled?

Quick teaser, (Not the final sword, pic is when i just painted the handle, i added a lot of detail to it)

Photo0208.jpg

Its all painted, just now finishing with touch ups,
gona spray a finish on the handle then ill take many pics tomorrow.

color looks really good... cant wait to see it finished. are u gona go in with a brush and add the white lightning like streaks on the blades?

That's one hell of sword you got there, dude!

I can't wait to see it finished and ready to action!

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back