Halo Reach TACPAD/UGPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

So I've done the scope and that got me thinking...

Why not do the armor pieces that use some sort of screen, so I've seen a few files out there and with a bit of tweaking I was able to get them to run through my slicing software so I could print them, now I don't really see the need of the "lid" for the TACPAD but I thought id just include it for anyone wanting to use just LEDs for it

So here's the rundown of what I want these to do and what I'm gonna be making them from:

I'm wanting to make these using the Raspberry Pi Zero W's since they are small enough and have the wireless modem built in.

since the TACPAD is like a PDA for the ISS astronauts suits I'm going to try and have it display/control different aspects of my suit I'm working on like a visor light or infrared LEDs but that's just a work in progress

For the UGPS module I'm going to see about finding a physical file for the earth kind of like google maps but in a 3D plane that can be controlled by using another touch screen and that'll be that for the UGPS module

Attachments

• Tac Pad.zip
    984.2 KB · Views: 132
Ok so had a slight problem with one of my lcd screens its now cracked but i do have a backup one however its a 2.8 inch screen instead of a 3.5 inch lcd screen so i am gonna be ordering a replacement lcd screen but im gonna just be working on the UGPS since it uses the 2.8 inch screen

That sucks. Also, what lcds are you using? Those sets of panel and control board you can find readily on AliExpress? I was thinking about maybe using something like that if I try to put a hud into a smaller helmet where my phone doesn't fit.

That sucks. Also, what lcds are you using? Those sets of panel and control board you can find readily on AliExpress? I was thinking about maybe using something like that if I try to put a hud into a smaller helmet where my phone doesn't fit.
I was using a 3.5 inch tft screen however for something like a hud you may want to use a flexible oled mounted to a visor but the best option is the 6 inch flexible oled seen on the adafruit YouTube channel however those things are insanely pricey

ok so while I'm waiting for my new LCD screens to come in I've made a few revisions to an old Tacpad design I've found floating around the web

Attachments

• Tac Pad.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • TACPAD V2.png
    TACPAD V2.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back