halo recon helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the 2 recon helmets from the wiki and i was putting together the smooth version, got about half way done, and chunked it. why are they so wide? i sized it to my height, 27 cm(270mm)
and the width was 29.8cm!
the mark 6 is only 23.6cm!
the mark 6 is perfect but the recon is redicously wide.
i want to make a recon helmet but i dont want my head to resemble the width of stewie from family guy.
is there a recon file out there that isnt monsterously wide?

First off, what height did you scale it to? I build the smooth recon and had no problems.

If you look at the real recon helmet it is a few centimeters wider than the Mark VI
If you scale the helmet to the correct height for you just go with it

ill see. the model looks good, the unfold is good, i just find it hard to get over the width of the helmet.
mabey its time for a new model

ok gonna bite the bullet and have stewie sized recon.
but first, how do you change the flaps in designer 3 from thousands of triangles to the regular flaps

That would need to be done in a modeling program...
Really I just dont cut each individual one I just go up on oneside go across all of them and go down on the other side

I am about to start the recon helmet for a friend of mine....i'll let you know if i run into the same problem.

The width of the helm you have to remember is from the widest point on it. I'm almost done building mine and its fine and i have it scaled default, its only 28 cm's around that one section of the helm. dont worry it'll still fit

Maybe if the helmet is finished, it will straighten itself out. Sometimes, when you are pepping a relatively large volume, the paper tends to spread out a bit. When you put on the ring at the opening, it will probably pull it all together.

Hey, I ran into the same problem but I used the real Recon helmet as a model to see how it needs to fit and mine comes out fine actually so maybe it's just something you need to get used to cause I was like : "wow I don't wanna be that fat". But it's good.

Basically it works like this:

Make the chest. It should almost reach the tip of your clavicals. (the bones on top of your ribcage that attach to your shoulders) It should fit snugly, but for different people it may have to be filled in around the base, let in, or let out.

Now compare the helmet to the chest. as long as the helmet dosent look too big compared to that, then you are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back