Halo SAW Build (n00b version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koenator2284

Hello everyone! I am Koenator2284 but you can just call me Koen.

I am in the process of finishing my UNSC SAW build (completely out of cardboard) and I think it turned out OK so far. I'll be back on later with pictures, as I don't have the files with me, but I just wanted to say "Hi".
I haven't seen many SAW builds (other than the bada** version that www.protagonist4hire.blogspot.com did) so I thought it would be fun to try to do as best a job I could. I don't generally enjoy peparuka because I like to design everything myself; that's the fun part.

So hi, and thanks for welcoming me to 405th! I hope to have a lot of fun here, and I'm looking forward to suggestions.

Halo SAW.jpg11217544_751145098365484_5633821105021117328_n.jpg
Well, here it is in all it's (I hope) glory! I had a lot more planned for it then turned out, and I'm upset about the loss of a few crucial (at least to me) details on the drum mag, but I guess this will do.
If you guys like it, I'll be posting some WIP pictures. Let me know if it looks good.

Despite my misgivings about cardboard builds generally not turning out incredibly well, this has honestly surprised me.

Colour me impressed. Well done on your build; I hope the sealing and painting process turns out just as well.

Caulking.jpg
Thanks for the compliments; I started the sealing process today, and I'll work on the sanding tomorrow. Hopefully I can find my WIP photos so you guys can see my progress. But I used some white silicone caulk to seal up the majorly open areas, you can see my Magnum in the background there. It will take about a full night to dry, so I'll get some updates in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back