Halo Sniper Rifle - Papekura model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtmarcus

13620079_1357355857613277_1681187398320596678_n.jpg13718528_1355655864449943_7900785971723122997_n.jpg13776021_1357358544279675_1621963143228232597_n.jpg13726787_1356661847682678_5141466760665816569_n.jpg13754355_1355650344450495_9212989785408576870_n.jpg13754305_1356609477687915_5941472673683393330_n.jpg13466043_1340569072625289_986120069888036421_n.jpg13524304_1340569169291946_7306276397278491513_n.jpg13716133_1355518077797055_2729919061757060608_n.jpg13615317_1350176564997873_494258981619261598_n.jpg
Well, just wana share my Newly build Halo Sniper Rifle. I'm new to paper craft and i need to know how to hardened the paper. I just put masking tape inside to make it stronger but not that strong enough. Appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you.

Use resin with hardener, that will firm it up nicely and then if you want you can fiberglass it.

That looks awesome! Which game is it from?

Use resin with hardener, that will firm it up nicely and then if you want you can fiberglass it.

Kinda hard to fiberglass a fully enclosed model. :p

Resin yes and then rondo on the inside.
Kurtmarcus Nice work. How did you get it black?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the reply LT shiny. I think resin and fiberglass requires mixing and i really have no idea about it. I've seen some clip in youtube but yeah, i think i can try that on the next version. I wish to use home made materials to harden it and this forum community helps a lot so yeah, will try it on the next 1. Not sure also which game is this hehe not playing Halo i dont have xbox lolz. I'm interested building rifles and i've just seen this papekura so i just try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resin is super easy, it even has directions on the can. I really wouldn't fiberglass that beautiful piece.

Resin is literally a liquid even with hardener in it, until the hardener startd... hardening =p

There are some good tutorials on here, give em a peek!

Kinda hard to fiberglass a fully enclosed model. :p

Resin yes and then rondo on the inside.
Kurtmarcus Nice work. How did you get it black?

Well i convert the pdo files to pdf and convert pdf to jpg. Then after that i mask it using corel photo to change the color. But now looks dirty due to glue residue. Wana spray paint but then again my model is soft and still looking for a way to at least making it harder. And yes, hehe this is enclosed model so i can only reenforced it from the outside lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Resin is super easy, it even has directions on the can. I really wouldn't fiberglass that beautiful piece.

Resin is literally a liquid even with hardener in it, until the hardener startd... hardening =p

There are some good tutorials on here, give em a peek!

Hehee alright man. Thanks a lot. At least this model build i've made familiarized me with the pieces. Im planning to rebuild it using carton boxes which is stronger and will buy the resin and other materials today and apply your suggestions. Resin can be apply from the inside only right? Will post my next build, hope to hear from you hehe.

I thought that looked like printer ink. Sounds expensive. Might want to just stick with spray paint next time.

You can resin the outside, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Why not Shiney? I've only done the bruteshot, albeit not finished, but applying the resin to the outside has seemed to work so far. Not strong enough to bondo yet, but that's what the rondo on the inside will help with. You are right about resin though, it is super easy, you just paint it on in thin layers and try not to let it drip.

Looking forward to seeing your next step Kurt.

I thought that looked like printer ink. Sounds expensive. Might want to just stick with spray paint next time.

Why not Shiney? I've only done the bruteshot, albeit not finished, but applying the resin to the outside has seemed to work so far. Not strong enough to bondo yet, but that's what the rondo on the inside will help with. You are right about resin though, it is super easy, you just paint it on in thin layers and try not to let it drip.

Hehe i print it on black (our office printer, so its free) coz i thought will look more realistic than the white template. But yeah will do all your suggestions but will try in a carton box. To make it stronger. I got some ideas already on what to do as i learn from this community. Hope i'll be more successful on the next build so i can target the costumes next hehe

Ive seen your work "the bruteshot" and it was pretty awsome and neat. Will check on your updates to learn more from the master hehe. Hope i can get some more advice bro with my future build :)

Hehe i print it on black (our office printer, so its free) coz i thought will look more realistic than the white template. But yeah will do all your suggestions but will try in a carton box. To make it stronger. I got some ideas already on what to do as i learn from this community. Hope i'll be more successful on the next build so i can target the costumes next hehe

Ive seen your work "the bruteshot" and it was pretty awsome and neat. Will check on your updates to learn more from the master hehe. Hope i can get some more advice bro with my future build :)

Lol. I'm not a master. Just learning, like you. Feel free to ask questions though and I will do my best to help.

Side note, we try not to "double post" on the forums. If you've made a post and it is still the same day and no one has responded yet, click the "Edit" button on your last post. Helps keep the site content from getting out of hand. Thanks!

Lol. I'm not a master. Just learning, like you. Feel free to ask questions though and I will do my best to help.

Side note, we try not to "double post" on the forums. If you've made a post and it is still the same day and no one has responded yet, click the "Edit" button on your last post. Helps keep the site content from getting out of hand. Thanks!

Ohhh ok thanks for the tip bro. Still familiarizing with this site.

You're right that he definitely could, I just think the piece is just too beautiful to resin the outside hahaha.. in all seriousness, I probably would resin the outside too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back