Status
Not open for further replies.

Entity

So for the longest amount of time ive had a raspberry pi 3b laying around with nothing for it to do, but recently ive purchased a halo sniper rifle kit and ive been trying to replicate the in game sniper rifle but ive had little to no success.

So i thought that id ask if anyone has any hints or tips i could try since im trying to make it so it has a overlay of the zoom in hud and so it can record audio and video.
sniper_rifle_low.jpg

Any help would be appreciated
Maybe you can find it, but there was a an amazing video on YouTube where someone pulled this off. I think it was in several parts, but he never really said how he did it I dont think. He did show the inside of it. That may give you some ideas...

Ok so ive found the programs one is libpng and the other is dispmanx

And itll be a while since i gotta download both and run a bunch of tests

Final draft for the scope now its just working out the files, scripts, and finding a power button for the pi
20190208_120833.jpg

I know its been a while but i got caught up in school and ive finally saved up enough money to buy a 3d printer and viacad to make the enclosure for the scope but this is all i have so far.

Its the screen lens and as soon as it prints i can take a silicone mold of it and cast it with clear resin.

Attachments

• 20190326_160519.jpg
    20190326_160519.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 324
Ive wanted to install something like this in my sniper scope for awhile and maybe when I build a second one I will do so. My method that I was thinking about is taking a point and shoot digital camera and popping the screen out and using that as the monitor, but keeping it connected to the rest of the body so the lens could zoom in. The only problem being that theres not really a good way to code a graphic onto the camera for the reticle, or if there is then I'm open to suggestion. But I might solve that with an etched piece of acrylic.

So far this looks amazing!! I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result!

What i had in mind was configuring a raspberry pi to run in opencv but the problem is there is such little information but ive been working on it so far and ive got it to display an image and live feed but not the imageover the live feed but in the end i plan to mount a infrared laser to give it a night vision effect however it might not be green but eh... itll work

K ive got it enclosed now so now its just off to making the scope eye hole and a place to hold the ir laser also good news! I got my 3d printer in the mail after I had to go everywhere to get it
20190330_144659.jpg
20190330_222127.jpg
20190331_222707.jpg

Ok im at a bit of a hault here but at least im working on a simple project till the printer calibrates
102_0816_zps909e0f66.jpg

Thats right the index is next!

Testprinting the index and i see im going to have to get a silicate glass bed otherwise we get layer problems
20190405_061806.jpg
20190405_061757.jpg

Last edited:
Trust me. A glass bed upgrade is just godly.

Definitely worth the $15.

Had heaps of sticking issues with my prints, bought a glass bed, put some glue stick and everything stuck with ease. No lifts at the corner.

And the best part. I don't need to pry the print off the glass bed. The glue stick solidifies when it gets cold, and acts like a wax, so the 3d print just pops off like nothing even held it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back