halo spartan helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkui

Hi there,

I was recommended this website/forum from a poster at the halo waypoint forum.

I will copy and paste what i wrote there:

I am living in the UK and getting married next year.

being a huge halo fan, i wanted to have a small bit of halo at my wedding.

i was thinking of getting myself and the best men, spartan helmets and taking a picture similar to the following.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/17240411047369559/

i would obviously be wearing the chiefs helmet ;-) and the best men either wearing different colour spartan helmets or different types.

i have looked around on ebay for spartan helmets in the UK and there does not seem to be much. just one type really

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubies-Fa...5?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item58af6dac79

was really just hoping for some ideas as to where i can get such helmets, if they exist.

many thanks

Hello! First off welcome to the 405th. I personally have a thread in the classifieds forum ( its also in my signature) But anyway I am willing to take commissions for Halo helmets. If you dont mind visiting that thread if you want to. Or you could make one yourself. Either one works. I personally dont think the Rubies helmets are quality. Hope this helps!

Welcome to the forums. As HaloMaster has made somewhat clear, there are a handful of members willing to build helmets and other armor parts for people. However, on the whole, this site is geared more toward building the helmet/armor yourself and learning various techniques from others based on what is shared in the forums. We are technically not a place that sells Halo armor (though there is a classifieds section you get access to when you've become an infantryman here) and we are definitely not manufacturers. We are hobbyists, through and through.

So, take a look around the forums; read through some of the treads and see if this is a place that can benefit you.

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I never thought of making my own, I will do some research from here to determine the cost of that and whether I have the ability to make them lol.

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I never thought of making my own, I will do some research from here to determine the cost of that and whether I have the ability to make them lol.

dont let ability stop you. Money, ok we understand that but ability.... that is only up to you. I didnt know anything about pepakura but I learnt about here, granted I have never posted a build thread but I have completed helmets and given them away. I didnt know anything about 3d modeling and I am learning how to do it all because I accidentally bumped into the 405th a million years ago. Start with a small item like a hand plate and progress from there. You never know until you try. Just make sure you read all the stickies and look at some of the build threads and glean info from them. A pretty hot one right know is from evakura .

Hi Crimmson thanks for the boost, i was speaking to the photographer about this yesterday and he liked the idea. i have been so busy with work not had a chance to do much about this. my mum is good at this stuff, but if time does not permit i will have to look at hiring or if its affordable paying someone to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back