Halo Student Film

MistahFox

Hello friends, I'm a digital filmmaking major in my junior year of college and this semester I need to create one big short film for my Film Production class, the last film class in my major. Last time I used my ODST armor in a film and my professor complimented me on my production value - this time I am going to absolutely blow that out of the water. I have total creative freedom, professional equipment, a lot of space, several military vehicles, and I hope I can get many more Halo costumes and the cosplayers to wear them too. That is why I am extending the invitation to anyone to join my production and help make the best student film of all time!
1674361269222.png

The ranch we will be filming on is located south of Franktown, Colorado and the shoot will be one 12 hour long session. My professor will let us choose the shoot date, but because the equipment we are borrowing from the university is only enough for one shoot at a time, the day can't overlap with another student. I want to know everyone who's interested, the costumes they have or what they want to do if they don't currently have a finished costume and all the dates they would be able to make so I can email my professor the best possible shoot time for everyone. The selectable dates are:
March 10-12
March 17-19
March 24-28 (first half of Spring Break)
March 29-April 2 (second half of Spring Break)
April 7-9
April 14-16
April 21-23
April 28-30
May 5-7
The military vehicles I have access to for these purposes are a CCKW, a Jeep and a Halftrack, all from WW2.
1674361203450.png

If you're interested in coming down to help us shoot, reply with all the dates you are available and what costumes (with pictures) or skills you can bring!

Basically any Saturday from the 25th of March and beyond would give me the most time to finish a full suit and Splazer.

Before I was inundated with work I had a script posted around here somewhere, if that helps.

Edit:

The script is done! Kinda... it still needs another revision once I get more feedback from my professor, but everything's about nailed down by now. I need to make costumes for 12 insurrectionists, does anyone have marine or ODST armor they've decommissioned they would like to donate? That would be super helpful and amazing!

1676177881213.png
1676177926298.png

I lined up all of the Nerf blasters I thought looked like could be Halo weapons and it turns out I had far more candidates then I thought! I was really worried about weapons because I thought buying 3d printed Halo props in bulk would be really expensive, but I probably only need to buy one gun if that. That said, there will be much painting in my future... like a lot...
1676333272697.png

My dad has been collecting surplus military gear for a long time, and he gave me permission to use it for the insurrectionists! He got it all out and it was far more than I thought it would be... I'm gonna convert the ODST helmet into a marine-ish helmet, and with a few custom foam pieces to tie it back to Halo, I think I'll have enough for 12 extras!
20230215_140045.jpg

My little brother volunteered to test out the gear!
20230215_155139.jpg

I blocked out some of my shots in Lego before realizing that would take way too long... by 4 AM I finished my shot list at a whopping 60 shots, which would give about 11 minutes each for setup and takes which is probably not physically possible. I'll have to go over it with my professor soon to see what we need to cut, but for now I need to focus on finishing my ODST armor in time!
1677723802243.png

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back