Halo Suit For N00bs (pepakura)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloplayer

Jr Member
STEP 1: Downloading Pepakura Designer

Go to the website http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/ and download the free designer. It should say Pepakura Designer Vresion 3.0.3.

STEP 2: Download Halo Suit Files

Go to the Halo Wikia Site found on the 405th.com homepage and download a Halo Suit file. I suggest doing a Halo Helmet on low resolution. I suggest making a Halo 3 Recon helmet. Its the esiest to me.

STEP 3:

Supplies:
1.x-acto knife
2.super glue OR hot glue gun OR (only if an emergency) use tape. DO NOT USE ELMERS GLUE. YOULL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO DRY
3.cardstock
4.sissors
5.extra printer ink

Step 4: Sizing
The armor is not to scale. Click on the 4 box icon and size it in mm. Here is a video on how to size:

STEP 5: Printing

Start printing BUT before you do click on print preview and see that the pieces do not overlap os something like that.

STEP 6:Cutting and Folding

You cut the solid lines that look like this: _________________________________________________________________
You fold down when they look like this: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
You fold up when they look like this: __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _ __ _

STEP 7: Gluing

When your finished cutting and folding, you have to glue pieces together by connecting numbers. Heres a video for more help:

STEP 8: YAY

Finally you have peped your Helmet OR whatever you did. Il'l post the next part for you armor later.

A special thanks to Abrant3

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree. even though i am a noob; the tutorial is definitely missing many aspects of the build, but it covers the big idea though... Nice try

Good attempt, but mate there is no need to rush.

Relax, keep making your gear and when the time comes you will be bumped up, as a new member I understand where your coming from but give it some time.

As with the others, your vid links dont work for me either, so for future tuts make sure they work before saying your not a noob cause it wont help your case.

Stygmatah said:
I have a better idea. Why don't you go to this link and click on one of the previously made (and better) tutorials that have been stickied.

Big fat list of awesome tutorials

I can appreciate what you're trying to do here mate but it's been done before.
Wait, how do you getthe picture that shows your progress

Don't you guys preview your posts before posting them?

your youtube videos aren't working. They aren't working because you put the code in wrong.

You put: <div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49qYBkp5aMY&feature[/video]</div>

You need to put:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>[video]49qYBkp5aMY[/video]</div>

Please rectify.

JOLTY TacoMan said:
there are many things missing but for starters i would add elmers glue to you list of glues
Its going to take you a million years for the helmet to be glued together with elmers glue because it doesnt dry as fast as super glue

I have to say:

Haloarmour for noobs?

that is not true at all.

i have seen SOOOO awesome helmets done by pro's. most of the people do it, very many pros.

What armourbuilding way is not for noobs?

clay or what?

Also you're lucky people are not allowed to be a jerk, I see many people have a hard time holding them back! xD

Also the tutorial of skullcandygril on Indymogul is great, although I prefer to use polyeurothane resin and not aquaresin

elmers glue is better than tape it takes like 30 seconds so you use close hanger clips to hold it in place and while your waiting score other pieces, you might also want to add tacky glue

Those videos were made by another member here on the forum. You might want to credit them for the videos.

warhound said:
Those videos were made by another member here on the forum. You might want to credit them for the videos.
Yeah, Abrant3 made them, please give him credit for making the videos, and this has been covered many times.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Abrant3 is selling his suit for only $600 dollars. His only suit. This makes me infer that he has gave up making halo armor.

halo101 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! Abrant3 is selling his suit for only $600 dollars. His only suit. This makes me infer that he has gave up making halo armor.

From your previous posts, it seems that you draw a long bow when making assumptions.

Firstly, I would like to see you credit abrant3 for linking to his videos, does he know you're using them? Secondly, if he is selling his armour, perhaps he's making another set or he's moving on to other projects. He hasn't necessarily given up on armour making, the simple fact he is selling it infers nothing.

From the posts and replies I've read in this thread, the folks here are being amazingly patient and polite.

I see you asked me a question in a previous post about my armour sig. If you use the SEARCH feature up in the top right you will find it and plenty of other pearls of wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back