Halo: The Fallen (Short Film)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerxes sangco

We are no longer looking for costume designers.

But you can check out our progress here:

Halo: The Fallen

Halo: The Fallen is a Live Action Non-Profit fan film based around the Halo universe. It's a passion project that combines the talents of various artists ranging from student, freelance and industry. Our ultimate goal is to deliver a memorable and enganging film.

Halo: The Fallen is based around the events that took place September 19th, 2552 during the 'Battle of Installation 04'.

Watch
The Fallen: A Halo Fan Film TEASER

The Fallen: Crucible

The Fallen: Prologue

Watch Visual FX Teaser #1

NOTICE:

We would like to stress that we are in NO WAY associated with any other fan films or sponsors. We are our own separate project with our own ideas and contributions to the 'Halo' universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits

Title:
Halo: The Fallen

Follow the progress of our film on Facebook!

Producer(s):
Xerxes Sangco

Associate Producer(s):
Spartan-005 (Chris Kraemer)

Director:
Xerxes Sangco

Writer(s):
Xerxes Sangco
Spartan-005 (Chris Kraemer) Contributing Writer
Spartan-087 (Francesca Kraemer) Contributing Writer
Daniel Yuan

Cast:
Pending

Crew:
Pending

Costuming and Props:

Lead Designer:
Spartan-005 (Chris Kraemer)

Designers:
rvalera11 (Ryan Valera)
Trooper0621 (Daniel Yuan)
td2253 (Gene Ross)
Spartan-087 (Francesca Kraemer)
Andrew Cook

Post Production:

3D Modeler(s)
Brandon Clements
Richard Martinez
Matthew Parsons

UV/Texture Artist(s):
Charlie Popoudopoulis
Matthew Parsons

Compositor(s):
Xerxes Sangco
Andrew Farris

Rotoscoping/Keying Artist(s):

Character Animator(s):
Freddy Burgos
Joshua Bradbury
Xerxes Sangco

Vehicle Rigger(s):
Dave Tyner

Sound Designer(s):
Mikkel Nielson

Music Composer(s):
Glen Cheney

Web Designer:
Kevin Hurd

The thing is, very few people have ever done marines and the few that are done are not high quality. Spartans on the other hand are everywhere. Marines are few and far between.

Serioulsy if you have a 2,000 dollar budget as in your IMDB, then I would recomend making them yourself, and casting them, as its actually not that hard. That or I guess you could just basically "rent" a 405th member, Ie, find a qualified person, pay in advance for supplies, and then pay for time and effort. The one problem is that I dont think anyone in that area has done a marine build.

Thanks for responding guys!

Agent Arizona
I had figured that what you mentioned might be the case. So like I mentioned in my second post, I'm open to writing other storylines that coincide with different suit designs such as Spartan Armor.

Toacrabman
I think you're referring to 'Halo: Faith' having a $2000 budget. I was a pre visualization artist and match move artist for that film. I on the other hand have no budget as of yet. I'm merely weighing out my options.

I've also tried building my own armor, twice actually about 6 months apart, and failed. I guess prop design just isn't my thing.

If anything I'd like to find someone from around the area with a completed suit and film a short vfx trailer to prove that this can be done. It would be filmed in an indoor greenscreen studio in Los Angeles.

if you need an odst for your film with weapons im your man lol you can check my build in my SIG. on what i have and to prove that i have it. let me know in a PM......and i live in san diego so not far and there are some nice places in the LA area to film i have found. like the old nike missile sites in the hills.

like Toacrabman said, if you have a decent budget, you could easily make them yourself. on the other hand i do wish i lived close to san-diego though so i could possibly be an actor for you and provide 2-3 suits. i fly out there all the time, but i highly doubt they would let me on an airplane with full odst armor on....

Im a little bit new to all this but I have been wanting to make Marine Armor. But I live in New York and work slow because I am a perfectionist. If it were more practical I would love to help out.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support!

Spartan 005 I'm definitely going to PM you and would love to set up a meeting with you since you live closest! The location would also be a combination of a greenscreen studio, and large blue screen backgrounds for outdoor filming. We can discuss this later on.

thebioshockguy1 and Iron Panda, don't consider yourselves out of the question! What I hopefully plan on doing is getting film insurance for any out of state props and designs, if any were to be used. This way you are compensated for any damages if something were to go wrong. :cool

I live about 45 minutes from LA. I dont have a Marine, but I have one hell of a Master Chief. I also work profesionaly in the film industry doing props and costumes and also do occasional acting gigs. Im gonna be in San Diego this weekend for the big San Diego Comicon but afterwards would love to talk about seeing what I could do to help you out.

haha well if your interested... I'm in the 91706 zip code area

I got a couple of amatuer marines made and still in progress (to me they look alright but to other ppl they probably look amazing), my lil group is doing the exact same thing as you bro but surely different story man :)

When i get back from Basic Training (which should be in a week from last thursday)... i'm gonna jump back on the wagon and start working again...

if you wanna see my work so far check out my past threads or my facebook or just message me through there...
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...18721830423.2087788.1307721793&type=1&theater
sorry if i don't reply soon because i'm soon not gonna have internet because of the army and such and also because i'm leaving this place lol and yeah would like to hear more from this bro

haha well if your interested... I'm in the 91706 zip code area

I got a couple of amatuer marines made and still in progress (to me they look alright but to other ppl they probably look amazing), my lil group is doing the exact same thing as you bro but surely different story man :)

When i get back from Basic Training (which should be in a week from last thursday)... i'm gonna jump back on the wagon and start working again...

if you wanna see my work so far check out my past threads or my facebook or just message me through there...
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...18721830423.2087788.1307721793&type=1&theater
sorry if i don't reply soon because i'm soon not gonna have internet because of the army and such and also because i'm leaving this place lol and yeah would like to hear more from this bro

Hey guys, sorry about the late response I've been busy working on another film project at the moment.

As of right now the film is currently in good standing. I got an amazing 3D modeler on board who will help out with the first vfx teaser trailer. I'm currently speaking with Spartan-005 and have already shown him the pre-viz I created.

rvalera11,

I absolutely love it! You do good work my friend. I'll send you a PM.

DrgnFyre4,

Definitely would love to get in contact with you. I'll also send you a PM.

Not a super costume maker by any means, but here's some of my work:

ODST and "Emile"-style spartan. Halo Marine assembled using casts from Adam Grumbo and Walter.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=58456960&l=86a8f31907&id=1234605

"Jun" costume. Skip ahead to about 2:00 in.
http://youtu.be/ZotwYTepVIg

Also DARE, using an Ithica recon helmet.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=48292873&l=52e34f3479&id=1234605

I'll look over your previous work in a bit, but just wanted to let you know I may eventually be interested in the following:
Financing
Provide and help operate camera equipment (Canon 7d {possible 2nd one by early next year}, 24-70mm 2.8 L lens, 70-200mm L lens, 17-40mm 4 L, 50mm 1.4, 2x extender III, Sigma 8-16mm 4.5-5.6...still photography experience, just starting to play with videography)
Providing and assisting with costuming work (see above)
Military technical adviser (Credentials available upon request...heck, wait one and I'll write something up for you)
Acting (Check out my amazing acting job in Season 5 of the Guild!...okay, that might be pushing it)

356336685.jpg

Currently on deployment, and won't be back until middle of next year, but I'll be over in the San Diego area near Chris.

I'm on and of on this site unfortunately. Best way to keep in touch with me is to shoot me a message on Facebook (my personal e-mail is on my profile as well):
http://www.facebook.com/dcyuan

Edit:
I'll admit it, I have a bit of an agenda. I would love to see a Halo film portraying Marines in the gritty sci-fi style seen in the "Landfall" and "We are ODST" shorts, and I am paranoid as all hell that the Marines portrayed in any Halo fan film will be cheesy Hollywood types (though Operation Chastity looks incredibly impressive), so I like to stick my nose into any project involving them.

What can I help provide your project? 6+ years of experience with the Marine Corps, 5+ of which have been in a Force Reconnaissance company, the closest equivalent to the ODSTs of Halo. 2 deployments and a third currently in progress have given me exposure and contacts with a wide range of Marines of every size, shape, and personality. Snipers, cooks combat divers, tankers, free fall jumpers, etc. you name it. This experience can be channeled to help you craft believable characters and dialogue that properly capture and give justice to the unique men (and occasional woman) who bear the title of US Marine.

Plus, I have an adorable dog you can stick in the background somewhere:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks daniel again you put me on blast lol i can say for a fact his armor is good and he does have a set of marine armor also and i forgot to metion i also have 6 years of military exp. under my belt but mine is navy. so i do have some training in weapons handling since i worked security on the ship. and also ryan is maybe on board so we have the 3 good branches.

Hey Trooper0621,

Just looked over your work and it's incredible!

I just sent you a pm through FB with the previz I created.

In terms of cinematography and production values, I'm definitely trying to go for the ODST, Reach and Halo 3 'Believe' shorts. But my main inspiration is actually 'Saving Private Ryan' as I'm trying to go for a war drama set in the Halo Universe.

I'm more in it for the Drama and character development of the main protagonist of the story. I'm not looking to create another 'Fan Film' where it's just costumes, guns, muzzle flashes and a bunch of shaky cam and a few one liners. I hate that!

I believe in big production values which, from my experience, can be accomplished on a very small scale. On my own, I feel that my student short film HERE accomplished that with very little money ($200) spent. That film does have it's rough edges though, especially in terms of acting, and I had a month to do 26 vfx shots on my own.

But with the amount of networking I'm currently doing with people from Hollywood, getting things done is becoming easier and easier to achieve.

But, there IS 2 main action sequences in the script so there will definitely be action involved and I've already scouted for locations; but we'll hold off on that for now as I'd like to bring together the VFX teaser first in order to get more vfx artists involved later down the road.

We're definitely going to need a knowledgeable military advisor to look over the script as well as during actual filming, but again for now we're going to hold off on that until the vfx teaser.

Thanks again!

And Spartan-005,

The more experience military advisors involved, the better!!!

I would be willing to build some suits for a little compensation... I'm pretty sure I'd be able to get some done, I would absolutely love to help if I lived closer :p

Thanks SpartanRogue1! Right now, because this is a non-profit film, I'm trying to find designers closer to the area who are willing to donate their time and designs as the production has no budget as of this moment. But I'll definitely keep you posted if the production calls for it!

Just a quick update:

I just got an amazing environmental artist on board for our background composites and a very talented 3D modeler as well. :D
proposed-landfill-side-view-for-c3d

man this thread gives me chills, i wish there was something i could do to help, but since i havn't made any costumes yet, and i'm just a game design student my modeling isn't the best yet but i've done some vector art designs of stuff most of the stuff are designs from my own game ideas......idk if you need any help in that area, but again i would love to help in some way

Shot you a message, guess we'll communicate on FB from this point on. Looking at all your previous work and experience, I feel pretty hopeful that this will actually take off and not just be stuck in development limbo. :)

Anyways, time for rack ops now!

Hmm, if there's anything I can contribute, I have a semi-defunct ODST outfit (it didn't really survive the rigors of comic-con) and my brand new spartan III outift. Though I believe the bright blue paint scheme would clash with any serious tone you've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back