Halo Wars Marine Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Well after doing a lot of digging around for the right kind of helmet I found a helmet at a yard sale for a buck and decided I could modify it to be a Halo Wars Marine Helmet, the original helmet had a red cap on top of the head and there was some LEDs on the forehead section that I took off and the used a dremel to cut back some of the helmet now I have to get some clay picked up and a few refrence images to scuplt the minor details and fix them to the helmet to make it really look like the Halo Wars Helmet. After I finish the helmet I will start scuplting the chest armor and then on to working on the rest the only problem is I can't find any body shot pictures of the Halo Wars Marine, to see what the armor looks like below the chest and if theres any back armor and what it looks like But anyway heres the current helmet.

2zpqf5c.jpg

I did'nt make that helmet, it's actually a late 80's Laser Tag Helmet before I disassembled it and I can't remember the name of the helmet as it was on one of the LED chips I took out and tossed away.I wish I had'nt removed the microphone it had in it though but it just did'nt look like it went with it so it got taken out and tossed too but this was'nt bad for a $1 Helmet which I'll detail it with clay and cast it along with the rest of the armor after I get enough ref pics and clay to start working.

Yep thats the helmet before I took apart the one I had, a little more than the one I got but the one I bought for a buck from a yard sale and when I got it home with batteries in it, it still would'nt work so I scrapped it and now turning it into a Marine Helmet.You might find the helmet someplace else on the internet besides ebay for a lower cost though and mod it like how I am doing mine.

shmalofan said:
So would there be any problems with copyright if you molded it?

Well I checked into Worlds Of Wonder that made the Laser Tag stuff but they went out of business back in the 90's so I don't think they would be after my copyright wise, but if you are asking the same question for me after I turn it into a Halo Helmet and if that might violate copyrights then no I would only be molding one for myself and maybe a few for friends and if any were left over I might sell them but I would have to see how this all goes further into my build before it gets to that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back