Props Halo weapon props

Status
Not open for further replies.
An idea:

15354009506598169727846140012035.jpg

Dude that tiny little piece of detail made a huge difference! It looks fantastic! I like retention strap you put on as well, very smart.

Great job, two thumbs up!

Can I ask about the orange tips thing? I assume it shows a gun isn’t real (pointless since you could add an orange bit to a real gun)? Is this a legal issue? If so, does it apply to the UK?

Hmmmm... Don't know about the UK but in North America in general there's a law that toy guns have to have the orange tip and cannot be coloured in a realistic way.
When it comes to costume props and bringing them to Cons, the orange tip is required as well. They can be removable though for photos. It's always best though to look up the rules for the specific con that you will attend.

Hmmmm... Don't know about the UK but in North America in general there's a law that toy guns have to have the orange tip and cannot be coloured in a realistic way.
When it comes to costume props and bringing them to Cons, the orange tip is required as well. They can be removable though for photos. It's always best though to look up the rules for the specific con that you will attend.

Thanks for the explanation. At a quick look online, it looks like the law's a bit vague in the UK. Toy guns have to be at least 50% brightly coloured, unless they're airsoft guns...weird. At least my railgun is clearly an SF gun with an unusual colour scheme (Arclight). Bit worried about the Fortnite cosplay SMG I just made my son now though, it's fairly realistic. The next comic con here says an orange tip is fine. Looks like no one can really make up their minds....

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. At a quick look online, it looks like the law's a bit vague in the UK. Toy guns have to be at least 50% brightly coloured, unless they're airsoft guns...weird. At least my railgun is clearly an SF gun with an unusual colour scheme (Arclight). Bit worried about the Fortnite cosplay SMG I just made my son now though, it's fairly realistic. The next comic con here says an orange tip is fine. Looks like no one can really make up their minds....
When travelling to and from the Con, just make sure the SMG is a bag or something that can hide it and its shape is not easily recognized.
When I when to Fan Expo recently, I brought along an AR and SMG for my and my son's suits. Both were packed into garbage bags along with the armour.

PaiganBoi you should go take a read of the Criminal Code and the Firearms Act with respect to replica firearms and props. We don't actually need the orange barrel plug in Canada but travelling to the US we do. From walking around Seattle during PAX they also seem pretty lax on that point as well but hey, better safe than sorry.

The best advice though is to read up on each specific conventions prop and weapon policy. I've had some conventions ban anything with a firearm profile, colour didn't matter, it looked like a spacegun but kind of looked like a Belgian police issue rifle so it was a no go. I've had other cons where organizers want to hold my props and take pictures brandishing them in front of their banners for promo material. It's a mixed bag so always do your homework. You might have followed the rules federally but some organizations want to have extra precautions in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back