Halo-Ween Coutdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be a sexy viking lol!! not sure what i am doing on halloween though. I am having a halloween birthday party (costumes) for my son saturday though so that should be fun.

Was at Movieworld down at the gold coast on sat night and it was a blast. Zombies, Zombie cheerleaders, egyptians and many more. Can't wait for the actual day. Too bad i won't be partying as it'll be way too close to my final exams =P

So I have spent some time this evening coming up with ideas for my Cortana costume for Halloween and for D'Con 2010. And I need to run some things through photo shop by the products and get to making. But here are some pictures and my ideas.

First off I'll be buying an liquid vinyl body suit in metallic blue. I will be then taking in game images of Cortana and editing images of the digital effect we see on Cortana in game into the correct patterns so I can have iron on's of the digital look we see on Cortana. I will also be getting the blue wig and having it cut to the exact hairstyle we see on Cortana and adding LED's that will flicker for the shimmering effect on the suit and along with the beads in the hair. And for the blue skin I will be using professional body paints and medical makeup and blue contacts.

Let me know what y'all think of my ideas. All criticism welcome and needed. If you have any ideas that will help me make this better please let me know also. I will continue to post pics as I work on this project.

@: SakuraKun

Hey, glad to see you taking on a Cortana cosplay! :D I do like most of your ideas so far, mainly the LEDs.

It's funny you contacted me, I was also contacted by another member about a "Cortana tutorial" or step by step process of how I did mine. If I might say, you may want to hold off on getting it done by Halloween. If you haven't ordered a suit, it probably won't be there in time, let alone to work on it. Just saying. ;)

That, and I am working on a step by step guide, with where is the best places to get the things you need, along with tips, links, etc. It's taking alot longer than I originally thought, mainly due to me being overwhelmed by work and commissions, but it will be done sometime in the next week. It should help answer most if not any/all questions you might have, and help give you some ideas. :)

Well, I can't go out as Freddy anymore. I don't want the police giving me a hard time..

I went out in armor last year but it wasn't very exciting since I don't have any friends to go out with. I just walked around in my street.

If the weather doesn't get any cooler, I'll probably end up as a Ghostbuster again. Spartan armor is hot.

{Cortana said:
@: SakuraKun

Hey, glad to see you taking on a Cortana cosplay! :D I do like most of your ideas so far, mainly the LEDs.

It's funny you contacted me, I was also contacted by another member about a "Cortana tutorial" or step by step process of how I did mine. If I might say, you may want to hold off on getting it done by Halloween. If you haven't ordered a suit, it probably won't be there in time, let alone to work on it. Just saying. ;)

That, and I am working on a step by step guide, with where is the best places to get the things you need, along with tips, links, etc. It's taking alot longer than I originally thought, mainly due to me being overwhelmed by work and commissions, but it will be done sometime in the next week. It should help answer most if not any/all questions you might have, and help give you some ideas. :)

Thanks. I know I can't have it fully finished or anywhere near awesome by halo ween but I hope to have a bit done. I really hope that I can get someone to make an electronic kit for me for the LEDs I'm wanting a very small circuit board and protrude the LEDS from inside the suit to the outside and then tiny strands in the hair with the board under the wig so that I get the shimmering effect. I'm also wanting to get the screen print iron ons so that I can have the digital look of numbers and patterns in the suit to. but thanx cant wait to read the tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work at a local bar and grill and I have to have a costume for our Halloween party on Friday the 30th. I cannot dress up as anything scary so I have scoured the internet for something that is cooler than my last years costume (Kurosaki Ichigo from Bleach) yet won't make a kid soil themselves. I am going to be very Cliche' for all of us, and I am going as master chief. I have actually never made anything from Pepakura, though I have made some paper models and am very good at recognizing folds and pastes. I have also used Fiberglass on many projects so hopefully I can get this done in time. I can tell that it takes a large amount of time and patience so I will be busting my butt almost 24-7 to get this done. I am actually going to make a new thread tracking my progress with a countdown until I have to have it done. I will give status updates and pictures on that thread. -WISH ME LUCK!- <Bungie knows I need it>

Here's my Thread:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22134&st=0#entry352942

Also... I thought I would post how ridiculous I think it is that the MC Suit is so expensive >>>

http://www.toynk.com/c=1ynWpODI0A8w...tion_Master_Chief_Adult_Standard_Costume.html

SakuraKun said:
Thanks. I know I can't have it fully finished or anywhere near awesome by halo ween but I hope to have a bit done. I really hope that I can get someone to make an electronic kit for me for the LEDs I'm wanting a very small circuit board and protrude the LEDS from inside the suit to the outside and then tiny strands in the hair with the board under the wig so that I get the shimmering effect. I'm also wanting to get the screen print iron ons so that I can have the digital look of numbers and patterns in the suit to. but thanx cant wait to read the tutorial.
I dont know what it costs, but fiber optics might be a way to shoot with the glimmering effects.

1diotic Gen1us said:
I dont know what it costs, but fiber optics might be a way to shoot with the glimmering effects.

Thanks thats a good idea, caz I dont know how or know anyone anymore that can help me with electronics or anything. But I'll look into that if I cant get the LEDs.

I am going as a WW2 German soldier...probably either Heer army or Gebirgsjager though i am not sure which at the moment as i have both uniforms...

Actually, the boss kind of broke my dreams this year because of the helmet for the suit, so I am going to pep a Gordon Freeman HEV suit (Half Life)

Well, since my Halo 3 Marine armor project has been posponed for the next few months (yeah, school and the Corps of Cadets don't leave you with much time), I will be going as a Zeon mobile suit pilot from the One Year War. I already have the jacket, boots, and belt for it, all I need is a matching set of trousers and a combat cover to embroid with the symbol of Zeon. I will try to get pics of it when I finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back