Halo Wetwork Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaBounty

Hey Everyone,

So I want to create a spartan armor set. Only the problem is actually creating it.

Issue #1: The armor I want to build is Wetwork from Halo 4, which, has no pepakura file for anything besides the helmet from what I can see. Does anyone know of pepakura files for the armor itself? The torso is what I am mainly looking for as it is the most complex part (in my opinion). If you could link me to a file that would be great! I know that I can make it out of EVA foam, but I would like to try to avoid it as I am not the most creative person, so trying to figure out how to get 3D shapes with nothing to follow would be a last case scenario.

Issue #2: Visibility. As most people know the Wetwork helmet is one of the many helmets in the Halo universe that has no apparent visibility. As the base color of my helmet will be black, I am thinking of using little bits of screen (the ones used in windows) where my eyes will be. The issue with this is I will have no peripheral vision whatsoever. Also, I feel like I would get a migraine from staring out of those tiny squares. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have just started creating the helmet, and I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Welcome to the 405th.

Well, there is full armor file in the File Archive, but it isn't unfolded. Chernobyl unfolded the helmet though, but it's for cardstock.

As for visibility through the visor, you can just do a vertical visor like in the game or you can cheat and add more visor section to it, trying to maintain the color of the armor to these additional sections.
Tiny squares? Wetwork visor is fully vertical - the orange vertical line is the visor.

If it was me, I'd do the vertical orange visor, then cheat and make the black plating a visor as well and perhaps the small part of the blue armor on the helmet as visor as well, depending on how much vision you need.

wetwork_helmet_gold_001.png

Thanks for your help!
I see now that I was not clear enough, I am planning on creating the vertical visor, then "cheating" by adding the window screen to the side. Attached is a photo of such screen. Since that it is black, as is the helmet, I feel that it would blend quite nicely, and allow for more visibility. (I apologize that it is sideways.

.IMG_0092.JPG

PandaBounty, you can created eye slots on either side of the orange visor strip, as CommanderPalmer pointed out. Impact Props did this for their wetwork helmets to add ease of visibility.
Ultimately, you're better off using a tinted visor, or even attempting acrylic acetate sheets found at hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowe's. The window screen is an interesting concept though, so if you use it, let us know if it'd work (or cause unwanted eye strain). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll look into the tinted visor, main reason I wanted to try to make the screen work is because I'm trying to take the "cheap" end.

Nothing says you can't try the window screens. I'd be more concerned with eye strain more than anything, but you can definitely see if it works! Do what's best for you! :)
Working on these projects requires trial and error before getting things just how you want them.

any update on the pep file for the chest? I saw the unfolded models in the directly and tried unfolding them myself but failed horribly. If anyone else out there with more talent could help with this that would be amazing!

any update on the pep file for the chest? I saw the unfolded models in the directly and tried unfolding them myself but failed horribly. If anyone else out there with more talent could help with this that would be amazing!

I haven't tried doing a chest unfold before but I imagine it's easier than a helmet unfold. I can probably give it a try this weekend, so long as my wife doesn't tie me up with othe goings-on. It is 4th of July weekend after all..

I haven't tried doing a chest unfold before but I imagine it's easier than a helmet unfold. I can probably give it a try this weekend, so long as my wife doesn't tie me up with othe goings-on. It is 4th of July weekend after all..
appreciate it man! if you pull it off ill love you forever lol

Ahhhh the struggle of finding files for your build, it sucks if you aren't building something very popular (I am doing Venator)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back