Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

!!!UPDATE!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As of September 30th, I am returning back to the project I first started........I'm goin Busa! haha

I started this project back in August, but then moved to ODST. I am now going back to my busa so posts #2-#41 are irrelevant now. I also didn't realize I deleted all my pictures so there are not any pictures now.

Post #42 is my post for picking back up on the project. I am looking for some files to use to finish it, but they don't seem to be on the wiki.

Well, I have started doing the shoulder pieces. I did start with the HD file, but after spending almost an hour on just one small area, I decided to go for the normal detail file.

Anyways, I used 24.1 cm as my scale to make my right bicep piece. I started putting it together and I would hold it on my arm as I went and it was looking good. Once I got all 3 sides together, I placed it over my arm.....

It was WAY TOO BIG! :(

Doing this may be a little hard for me since I am pretty small. I measured the circumference of my bicep and it's 22.5 cm (8 7/8 inches).

big1.jpg

big2.jpg

big3.jpg

See what I mean? Any ideas? I don't know what to do here and I want it to fit a little closer to my arm. Also, it might be good to point out that I am NOT going to be wearing some crazy thick under armor suit like some people wear under their armor. I'm going for a bit of a different look........a little more feminine. :p

When I am done wiht my project, I don't want it to look so big and bulky. I don't know if there is a way to size this to fit right or if I am going to have to alter the look of it completely! HELP!!!!

And yes, it's not 100% complete, but I didn't need to fully finish it in order to see whether or not it will fit right. :pI also think that what I have for the length seems about right, but it's just the circumference I am having problems with.

well you can always scale to your liking. Meaning, instead of keeping the file's proportion ratio, measure to your own height, width, and depth.

Mavrick said:
well you can always scale to your liking. Meaning, instead of keeping the file's proportion ratio, measure to your own height, width, and depth.

I can change the width in pepakura too?? :eek I never saw anything to make adjustments elsewhere when I am trying to scale it to fit me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, I've been having some trouble scaling this helmet as well. How tall is your head and what height did you set the model at in pep? At one point I thought I had a foolproof way to do it, but it failed.

HaloGoddess said:
I can change the width in pepakura too??
blink.gif
I never saw anything to make adjustments elsewhere when I am trying to scale it to fit me.

Well, what you have to do in PD2 is to find the percent relation between the hieght and width/depth.

So if the height is 20 cm, and you need to know the width, divide the width by the height. So let's say the width is 10, 10/20 = .5 So it's 50% So find the right height, multiply by 2, and put that into the height.

nice peping looks great cant wait to see the helm done i mite be working on a busa soon or odst dont know but keep up the good work

Nothing is really helping me so far. :(

I need it to fit closer to my arm without it becoming too short. Right now, the piece just hangs off of me, but it fits my fiance perfectly! lol But it looks too short on his arm. But the width is good.

The length of it now looks good on my arm, but it's too big around.

You could try modifying the pepped piece by cutting it apart and taking it in, pretty much tailor it. Barring that, you could always attempt a clay sculpt customized for you.

To help with a better generalization of what I am looking for, here is a picture. This is the best one that I can find to show the basic idea of what I want to do with my armor:

Female_Spartan.png

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
You could try modifying the pepped piece by cutting it apart and taking it in, pretty much tailor it. Barring that, you could always attempt a clay sculpt customized for you.

Tailoring it was what I was pretty much thinking of doing since that seems to be my only option, but at the same time I don't want parts to look off. As in, I don't want certain areas to be too close and not look right.

Unless there is SOMEONE out there that could specially design and unfold armor pieces for a female build? :p

Mavrick said:

As far as I can see you can't scale each piece individually which kinda sucks since I would prefer a much sleeker MK VI than what is available based on the current games my plan is too eventually model it myself from the ground up but I want to finish my ODST first.

HaloGoddess said:
To help with a better generalization of what I am looking for, here is a picture. This is the best one that I can find to show the basic idea of what I want to do with my armor:

Female_Spartan.png

Tailoring it was what I was pretty much thinking of doing since that seems to be my only option, but at the same time I don't want parts to look off. As in, I don't want certain areas to be too close and not look right.

Unless there is SOMEONE out there that could specially design and unfold armor pieces for a female build? :p

There are some feminine looking pep builds out there but none that have actually been publically released as far as I know. Rather surprising if you ask me.

If you have an issue with the width just modify the paper to fit you You have the ability to cut it and reglue it to fit you before you resin it. It isn't that difficuilt to do. Think outside the lines...lol.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back