Haloween and my first suit of armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK for this halloween I am making my first suit of armor. It is going to be the CQB helmet and the rest is the standard halo armor. I currently have the head and chest in all prepped and will post pictures when I get my camera to work. Every thing is to a size where it fits but it is extremely difficult to put on the chest. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to make it easier to put on? I was thinking of cutting it after I bondo it and do a hinge velcro thing. If possible please help me out so I can work of the rest of the suit.

OK for this halloween I am making my first suit of armor. It is going to be the CQB helmet and the rest is the standard halo armor. I currently have the head and chest in all prepped and will post pictures when I get my camera to work. Every thing is to a size where it fits but it is extremely difficult to put on the chest. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to make it easier to put on? I was thinking of cutting it after I bondo it and do a hinge velcro thing. If possible please help me out so I can work of the rest of the suit.

Check this (especially the part with that large image). Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Edit: Sorry.... I forgot to actually paste the link :-D
Here it is: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...t-for-Armor-Mounting-Costume-Assembling/page3

pictures of progress
img0192iu.jpg

img0193m.jpg

img0195sb.jpg

I dont want to sound negative or anything but im not sure your going to be able to make your dead line. You might be able to but its not going to be the best quality.

Your build confuses me. what did you do with it? Looks like you made it out of cardboard the glued the pep over the top? interesting

ya I'm also thinking that. I started my project in august and its just barley making the deadline. Better off just making the helmet.

Ok the reason it looks odd because I started this at college, Case Western Reserve University. Being at college I had two problems 1.no car to get some things and 2. I did not have access to card stock. So I used normal paper to get the outlines and the prepped shapes, then glued these to some thing cardboard,from pop cases, which I had plenty of. As for the deadline I was hoping to just get my helmet and chest done, and go from there. As for negative responses being my first armor I will take any advice I can get and be very happy for it. Thanks for the help guys and I will be sure to fill you in with how everything progresses.

Hhhmmmm could use some cleaning up.... maybe try gluing the entire printed out sheet of pieces to a flat piece of cardboard or soda case with rubber cement or something and cut out whole pieces using box cutters and do the folding using a thick ruler or something. Looks like you cut the pieces at the fold lines. Just an idea. Good luck with the build! Keep pics coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back