Hardening Process - Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom117

Jr Member
Hello,

Bondo is a brand name for what's basically a type of body filler, in the UK (after some googling) P38 is a sufficient UK alternative.

Rondo is a 1:1 mix of Resin : Bondo therefore will a 1:1 mix of resin and p38 do the same effect ? I've never hardened a helmet before and I don't want to ruin it, and I don't want to use fibreglass sheets

On an alternative note I did notice an actual premixed resin and fibreglass (or something) called P40 would this be an ok alternative to rondo/fibreglass sheeting

I'm assuming you're asking whether or not a 1:1 mixture of your brand of resin and Isopon P38 will produce similar results to the American brands.

I've honestly only tried this once (having used Isopon P38 myself in the past) and the results weren't conclusive. Most of the time I've seen people mixing up rondo they've been using the Bondo brands, meaning the liquid hardeners follow exactly the same chemical make-up, whereas the experiment I attempted used a different brand of resin compared to the bondo. The ratios weren't quite right and the mixture didn't function in the way I expected it to.

If you're shopping at Halfords (which I assume you are), their fibreglass resin kits contain the same hardeners as the P38 does - this may yield you better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back