has anyone got any halo .dwg files for a cnc machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic sod

hey guys

i was wondering if any one had and .dwg files for a cnc machine they could link me to.
my uncle just got one for his business and i would love to try it out
i hoped that someone had and m6g or assault rifle file although any halo weapon would be great .

i wouldnt use your file for profit nor would i use the prop for profit i would just like to own my own cnc'd prop .

if theres anyone out there with a link or a file i would be very greatfull to them thanks

*the file needs to be a .dwg file*

sonic

If you have a paid version of pepakura designer, you can export the .obj file and convert it to .dwg using one of many free 3d modeling software. You may need to alter the files to make them work for milling depending on the setup.

It wouldn't hurt to ask the original artist for permission to use his model and there is a possibility that they have a higher poly model before they cleaned it for Pepakura. With a cnc and a decent CAM software package high poly shouldn't be an issue for you.
http://www.123dapp.com/
Since I can't make a post in this forum (my post count went down, I've only been gone a year :( ) Check this out: http://www.123dapp.com/ Autodesk 123D Beta. Think of it as Autodesk Invetor lite and it's free. Should you need to use .OBJ it can import and convert them to .DWG

thanks for the help gremlin lord but those programs are for windows i run linux thanks bro but i cant run them (and before you say wine wont do it)

Linux is a major part of what I do for a living. And yeah Wine is terrible (platinum rating my arse) :(. If your on Linux Blender can open obj (though obj from meshlab is a bit screwy atm). Meshlab might be able to as well though the obj export is a little iffy when importing into Silo (I personally use Silo but that's windows only too).

Since DWG is pretty much the standard format for 3D parametric modeling you should be fine but if not try STL. STL can be a bit screwy if people aren't careful to keep the resolution up but it is pretty much universal. Ether way DWG, STL, and OBJ are very common, I would expect any half decent CAD/3D modeling program to handle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back